Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical advice for Novel

Options
  • 01-08-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey! I don't want to step on any toes or anything, but I need technical advice, from a member of the Gardai or the detective force, for the purpose of writing a realistic novel.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out, or recommend where i can start looking. I've found it very difficult to get useful info online or through other methods. Talking to a experienced Detective would be a great help, if anyone fits the bill or could recommend someone who did.

Thank you

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Hey! I don't want to step on any toes or anything, but I need technical advice, from a member of the Gardai or the detective force, for the purpose of writing a realistic novel.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out, or recommend where i can start looking. I've found it very difficult to get useful info online or through other methods. Talking to a experienced Detective would be a great help, if anyone fits the bill or could recommend someone who did.

Thank you

Ken

Garda Press Office would be a start....this is the internet.....wouldn't believe everything you see here.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=87&Lang=1

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The Ghost of Bill Hicks

Thanks, Nice guy! I tried their public relations office and the press office, but have yet to recieve any reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There's a guy writing for the Herald named P.J. Browne,it says under all his articles that he's a retired detective superintendent,maybe if you rang/emailed the herald they would be able to put you in contact with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 The Ghost of Bill Hicks

Thank you, man. I will do that! Appreciate the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Thank you

Ken

I may be of some assistance, i started out with a similar idea...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056071258

If you have particular questions pm them to me, if I can help il answer...

• Advertisement
Advertisement