Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.ciww.com

Options
  • 01-08-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

hello
    i am emelio and i do business research for possible new business in ireland
    have any you been to this facility or other versions worldwide
    i feel facility like this can be winner in greater dublin area
    any thoughts would be welcome
    i like to do deal with university or sports council

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Emelio wrote: »
    hello
    i am emelio and i do business research for possible new business in ireland
    have any you been to this facility or other versions worldwide
    i feel facility like this can be winner in greater dublin area
    any thoughts would be welcome
    i like to do deal with university or sports council

The national UK slalom course is in Nottingham, England, part of the National Water Sports Centre. They do white water rafting etc. but the main function is as a slalom course. However, playboaters also use it and wild water racers sometimes train there. There is demand in ireland for something like this, but the cost of setting it up is prohibitive. Also, it would have to be on an area of a river that falls naturally, and would probably involve the construction of a new dam or weir.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Also, it would have to be on an area of a river that falls naturally, and would probably involve the construction of a new dam or weir.

For Ireland possible the best type of course would be of the pumped variety much like the newly opened one in Cardif HERE

Somewhere like Dublin docklands would have been perfect for this if ever there was money about to build such a thing.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Wasn't there plans for a course in Newry? I suppose recession put that idea to bed though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

For Ireland possible the best type of course would be of the pumped variety much like the newly opened one in Cardif HERE

Somewhere like Dublin docklands would have been perfect for this if ever there was money about to build such a thing.

Adrian

Very expensive to run though . ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

Adrian

isn't this the facility the OP was originally talking about - see thread title!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

contact the icu and the irish canoe slalom group also Cani may be interested

Advertisement