Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikileaks a CIA front

Options
  • 01-08-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Is the CIA using Wikileaks to spread disinformation?

i've been reading some articles and finding strange comments on youtube/forums from users who really believe wikileaks are supported by the CIA.

Webster Tarpley was on Alex Jones more recently also accusing Julian Assange of being a puppet for the CIA.

This to me seems very unlikely and I tend to be very sceptical of anything Tarpley because he's a communist.

so where is the evidence which proves wikileaks are a front for CIA disinformation?

could all these attacks on wikileaks not simply be a smear campaign to discredit any information they release in future?

that seems more likely to me anyway but i'd like to see opinions of some here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

More interesting is the insurance document that they're after posting, which they said they'll release the key to if wikileaks or its owner are attacked by the government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

i seen that file yes, 1.4GB

likely to be the Garani video, no? they did promise to release it months ago yet still no sign...that's my guess anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

New wikileaks war-log

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/iraq-war-logs

I just had a quick browse and most of the info released seems to be stuff that was already known in the public domain. There is mention of usage of depleted uranium tipped weapons..

What is the point of releasing 400,000 previously secret field reports, surely not all, if any, of them new info to those who have studied the Iraq/Afghan situation?

Advertisement