Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash & Carry Kitchens

Options
  • 01-08-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Anyone know if Cash & Carry Kitchens, Mullingar (or any dublin store) will be open tomorrow Monday (Bank Holiday I know...).

And has any one recommendations about them or others (B&Q, Ikea)?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You could ring them in the morning and see.

Please keep any recommendations to PM only, thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

To be perfectly honest I have put in 5 kitchens in 5 different houses in the last 5 years , used the same capenter in all 5 kitchens but the last one was from cash & carry & all he said to me was " the next time you are buying a kitchen stay away from this one " not the same quality as the last 4 .

It took a day longer to install ( & then pointed out out the so called short cuts ) no difference in sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

I got one about 7 years ago and people say it still looks new.

That said the quality can change over time especially in this economic climate.

Most kitchens are 19mm chipboard, its the hinges and drawer slides that are important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

What are peoples opinions on budget kitchens anyway ?

I have looked at few, some were just obviously awful, like edges of display cabinets looking frayed and worn or general flimsiness . On the other hand I have seen other budget kitchens that are more or less the same as more expensive ones. In many ways they seem the exact same, the drawers front panel is real wood, and the cabinet itself is MDF. Most of the drawers seem to be made of some sort of light sheet metal.

The only thing I can think of that makes the big cost difference would be the granite worktops, but even excluding that it feels like your being asked x2 the price for more or less the same thing.

Advertisement