Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Football Club

Options
  • 01-08-2010 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey i'm 14 and was wondering if anybody knows of an any american football club around North Dublin for people around my age. I know there is one in dcu but i e-mailed them and they said that everyone in the club is around 20 and to be honest i don't really want to be tackled by 20 year olds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

conork23 wrote: »
    Hey i'm 14 and was wondering if anybody knows of an any american football club around North Dublin for people around my age. I know there is one in dcu but i e-mailed them and they said that everyone in the club is around 20 and to be honest i don't really want to be tackled by 20 year olds.

At 14 Flag football will be your best bet. As the IAFL min age is 18 for contact football.

Go to www.iafs.co.uk and post in the flag football section as there is a couple of North Dublin Flag teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 conork23

Wats the difference between normal american football and flag football ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Wats the difference between normal american football and flag football ?

Well their is contact football which is the IAFL which is what most would see as regular American Footbal with Helmets and Pads etc etc and then their is flag football which has smaller teams and has no contact at all but uses the same basics as football but without the tackles.

www.americanfootball.ie is the main Irish American Football website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Like tallaghtoutlaws said, post in iafs. There's always someone from a team hanging about it. PM some members in the Northern Dublin teams.

Flag Football's hugely enjoyable too. It's an excellent base to work from.

Advertisement