Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound issue connecting Camcorder to PC

Options
  • 01-08-2010 5:10pm

Hey guys,

I tried to explain my issue here before but i apologise as it made no sense, so i thought a photo would best explain it.

Basically on my Camcorder there is one audio port, however on my new Video Grabber there is two audio ports(L&R) therefore I can only get sound out of one speaker.

Basically I am looking for the name of a cable/wire I could get rather then software to correct this.

Here is the specifications of the camera - Its an old sony handycam

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CCD-TR425E-Analogue-Camcorder/dp/B0000C6W7J

Thanks in advance!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

The camera only has a mono output. You arent missing any audio with the connection you have.
    If you are transferring the video to your computer and into an editor, you can duplicate the one audio channel you have onto the other, so you essentially have twin mono.

Thanks for your help. May i ask is this easy to do? Could you perhaps recommend a program that would allow me to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The camera only has a mono output. You arent missing any audio with the connection you have.
    If you are transferring the video to your computer and into an editor, you can duplicate the one audio channel you have onto the other, so you essentially have twin mono.

He could capture it as stereo could he not, which would essentially do the same thing only with less fiddling...

(if your capture software supports this, it would be the easiest option. Or you could buy a mono - stereo phono cable).

You could also use something like Soundforge to convert the mono to stereo.

Advertisement