Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I disable flash?

Options
  • 01-08-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

If I don't need it, how do I disable it so it doesn't slow my day to day browsing down, as well as using up extra data.?

I notice in the marketplace there is an adobe flash 10.1 app..I didn't download it though, and yet I still seem to have flash? So, any point in downloading the adobe app?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

You can disable flash in the browser settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Buy an iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Buy an iPhone

I am an X iPhone 4 owner , I switched to HTC desire as being able to make calls while holding my phone was important to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

cojomo2 wrote: »
    If I don't need it, how do I disable it so it doesn't slow my day to day browsing down, as well as using up extra data.?

I notice in the marketplace there is an adobe flash 10.1 app..I didn't download it though, and yet I still seem to have flash? So, any point in downloading the adobe app?

Thanks.

2.1 had flash light, which shows flash ads and some video. If you havent downloaded the 10.1 app available in 2.2 then you still have the same flash you have always had.

I have been running full 10.1 flash for a month, and my phone is still 3x faster at browsing than my wifes iPhone 3GS even with full flash enabled, and I never get near my data cap, my battery lasts 3 days, so unfortunately I don't know how you might turn it off because I see no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Inquitus wrote: »
    2.1 had flash light, which shows flash ads and some video. If you havent downloaded the 10.1 app available in 2.2 then you still have the same flash you have always had.

I have been running full 10.1 flash for a month, and my phone is still 3x faster at browsing than my wifes iPhone 3GS even with full flash enabled, and I never get near my data cap, my battery lasts 3 days, so unfortunately I don't know how you might turn it off because I see no need.

I haven't downloaded the 10.1 abode flash from the market place, yet I can now view rte player , whereas before the froyo update I couldn't ...what difference will Downloading the Adobe app make ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

No you're incorrect there. HTC built in Flash 10.1 to their ROM. It's already installed as is Gmail and other stock apps.

All you need to do is disable plugins in your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Browser > More > Settings > Enable Plug-Ins > On Demand.

That way you can click a flash object to load it if you want, otherwise Flash will stay disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Baza210 wrote: »
    Browser > More > Settings > Enable Plug-Ins > On Demand.

That way you can click a flash object to load it if you want, otherwise Flash will stay disabled.
    Probably the best way. Preserves battery too.

Advertisement