Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buy an acre

Options
  • 01-08-2010 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Just wondering could you buy an acre of farm land and put a cabin on it and grow your own food and things? Or would your cabin be considered a house? Thought you lads in here would know something about this sort of thing. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

You cannot even put a tent or caravan on farmland , definitely not a cabin , as far as i know .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

There goes that idea so.I seen a nice acre of land being offered for 6 thousand quid, it would be heaven to live on my own land and have my own food and things.... Dam it anyway

I have about this before , that if you buy farmland , you cannot leave anything on it , if you left a trailer with your belongings on it , you could be done by the authorities .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Marijuana-11142.jpg

What you thinking of growing?, and if you buy the land and cant put anything on it, put it under it (can double as a nuclear bunker too, ha), but if its your land what right has anybody to tell you what you can or cant do with it.
    If I had land I'd do what I want with it, I'd consider it my right, too many people bow down to pressure, rules and regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

digme wrote: »
    There goes that idea so.I seen a nice acre of land being offered for 6 thousand quid, it would be heaven to live on my own land and have my own food and things.... Dam it anyway

Digme, take it!, and do what you want with it, don't be put off.

• Advertisement

Here i found something about it :
    It may be possible to build on agricultural land, but it will depend on whether you’re an EU citizen and whether the land has been zoned for house building. Although there are theoretically no restrictions on EU citizens purchasing land in Ireland, the authorities may insist that farm land is retained as such and not purchased for conversion into residential or commercial property.
    from here :
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=16&ved=0CC8QFjAFOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justlanded.com%2Fenglish%2FIreland%2FIreland-Guide%2FProperty%2FBuilding-Your-Own-Home&ei=eNlUTM7WKIX00gSW_Yi4Cw&usg=AFQjCNEdV-q1bYPL-dt-iai9oFdRNCd04Q&sig2=WTu_wgK9c3jPuWixU7bFjA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

When i lived in spain i was doing some work further inland.There was a small area in the hills that i passed through.I was informed that the houses that were built all along there were not permanent.And i asked why.They said it was to do with planning permission iirc.
    So what they did was have a non permanent building(possibly some light material or a caravan cant remember) with an extension i think of red brick that they use there to make a bungalow type thing.
    Was more the shape of a mobile home but looked pretty permanent.the catch was it officially was not permanent because is was an extension.
    Have no clue if that can be applied here but it may be something to look into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

digme wrote: »
    Just wondering could you buy an acre of farm land and put a cabin on it and grow your own food and things? Or would your cabin be considered a house? Thought you lads in here would know something about this sort of thing. :)

http://www.noelogara.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not a conspiracy. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement