Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying at the RDS horse show

Options
  • 01-08-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I'm in need of some new riding equipment and was holding off for the horse show to save me travelling around the country to buy stuff,
    Would they raise or lower the prices at the show? I thought they'd raise them but I heard they lower them?
    Also is it true everything goes on Sale on the Sunday?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

As with anything you're thinking of purchasing, the best thing to do is shop around at the show and see what's being offered at all the stands before you decide to buy what you're looking for. It's always possible to get good value at the Horse Show. For example, I stock up on leadropes and headcollars each year, as well as some boots and half chaps. If I'm looking for a good pair or leather riding boots, I'll wait until the show and purchase them from an Italian who's had a stall at the show for years as his boots are really good quality and it's easy to find a pair that fit like a glove because he has so many different sizes, both for foot and leg.

Because there are so many stands offereing the same or similar goods, there has to be some level of competition, but it is necessary to shop around before you buy in order to get the best value for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Sturday is the best day to get deals, but as Convert said, shop around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Tried to buy a rug today but most of the sizes were sold out :(

Advertisement