Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loans in Scotland

Options
  • 31-07-2010 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm studying with UHI in Scotland.

I thought I would receive the VEC grant last year but I found out in may (!) that they wont give it to me.

I've been looking at SAAS website and it seems I am not entitled to anything more like grants or loans then what I'm already getting (fees paid only)

Has anyone been in a similar situation and found any more assistance? Which banks or organisations that could offer me something etc

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

:)
    hi there-
    did you get the grant sorted?
    am thinking of college in wales or scottland myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yep i was in the very same boat myself my county council (i think thats who you should be dealing with too rather then the vec but i stand open to correction) told me i would be eligible then suddenly changed their minds.

I appealed twice and they still said no so i got a local TD on the case and five minutes later i was magically approved :D

In short go up the ladder plead your case to a TD, and leave it in their hands worth a shot, no?

Advertisement