Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Edit: Final Cut Pro 7

Options
  • 31-07-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

I'm doing some editing on a video in the latest version of Final Cut pro for a friend and was having trouble with a section of audio.

I found the the camera man is breathing quiet heavily on one of the tracks and its interfering with the person being filmed, I was wondering if there's any function that can either edit it out or even lower it down.

I was thinking an EQ or some sort of noise filter but I'm not sure if that can be done in the program.

Any ideas/tips/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Ooooh that sounds nasty. Is he breathing when the person is talking? if so you might be in trouble. You can definitely try to eq it out but it'll affect the interviewees speech. Try a notch filter or a graphic/parametric eq and see if you can isolate the breathing frequency. You can try gating it out for when there is no speaking

Alternatively i use Waves x-noise and z-noise quite a bit its good for removing hum and background noise (if your sound is like that). Also Waves have a DeBreath plugin which might help.

There are professional services that could rid the sound for you but i expect you wouldnt want to be spending the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Yeah its happening right through the speech! I'll give the EQ a blast anyways, thx for the input!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EoinOhA

Soundtrack Pro might be able to get rid of it for you. I'm still getting familiar with it but if you can find the breathing on it's own the Soundtrack should be able to remove/reduce that sound throughout the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Spineryan

Hi,

I also use WAVES plug in's.

You could also speed some time trying to EQ it out. The problem with that is you may, will effect other sounds on the recording.

You best off getting someone i.e. a post engineer (like me) to sort it out for you as I, we, they could do it very quickly and also do a good job.

Let me know it you need help....

Advertisement