Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Vinyl Player: Help!!

• 31-07-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16 MisterSun

Hi,
    I've recently become interested in vinyls, i bought a few the other day as i remembered i had a old vinyl player lying around at home and said I'd try it out when i get home.

Got home and tried it out, Surprisingly it worked but the speaker in it seems to have had its day and outputs very poor quality. was wondering could i replace the speaker in it with a modern one or a better sounding quality one?Is it Easy?

The Make of the player is "Supraphon" and the Model number is: GE 101
    cant seem to find much on the internet about it.

(Below I've attached photo's)

Anyone have a same problem, solution, or knowedge in this general area?

Feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks,
    MisterSun:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pleasant Co.

Moved from Headphones & Portable Audio Devices

• Registered Users Posts: 15,988 ✭✭✭✭ cnocbui

You could try a car breakers, they might be able to provide a speaker of the right dimensions. I had a Fiat Tipo where the front speakers were about that size and shape. Think they might have been. 6x4 inches.

If the speaker is actually faulty, a new one might improve the sound a bit, but in all honesty it is unlikely you will get more than a fairly meagre and tinny sound out of that. It may not be the speaker but the electrics that are at fault, given its age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭ Slaphead07

the stylus is probably filthy and worn as well... and will damage any new LPs. If you're looking for a cheap and cheerful LP player try a USB turntable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andrejaa aaa1234

Do you have a black plug like thing in the q port? If you do, try playing around with it (such as pulling it out slightly) and the speaker plug. It works for mine. My only issue is a squeeky wheel now.

Advertisement