Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire battery cover

Options
  • 31-07-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen these at a reasonable price? £30 from HTC.... Scratched my lens cover and need a new one. Doh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Expansys has them for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That was easy. Thanks. :D

Still thirty quid though.... Ah well.

Ok, after some Googling I have polished out the scratches on the lens cover with, wait for it..... Brasso.
    Works great. Just need to stop leaving my phone down face up, the lens cover protrudes slightly and this is how it gets scratched. Not keen on silicon covers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I removed the lens cover. Much better photos.
    JustinOval wrote: »
    Ok, after some Googling I have polished out the scratches on the lens cover with, wait for it..... Brasso.
    Works great. Just need to stop leaving my phone down face up, the lens cover protrudes slightly and this is how it gets scratched. Not keen on silicon covers...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

elderlemon wrote: »

Mines cracked, how did you remove it? please.

• Advertisement

elderlemon wrote: »

For now, but what when dust gets in at the actual lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

clean it. Not a problem. The photos are way better so its worth it. As for taking the glass out I just used a sharp knife and it popped out in two pieces.
    JustinOval wrote: »
    For now, but what when dust gets in at the actual lens?

Advertisement