Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky bull**** channel airing for new footie season

Options
  • 31-07-2010 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hello.

I thought i would set up this post to plain and simply piss and moan about how much of a rip-off sky is.

I have been subscribed to sky for the last few years. The only reason being to watch the footie. And even at that its only for the premiership footie - not championship or the other stuff.

So to do this i find myself having to pay ~€21 for basic package and then an extra ~€18 for the sports channel (sky sports 1 only). SS3&4dont show footie really. SS2 might show 5 or 6 matches throughout the season but thats it.

So as if that wasn't bad enuf...now that sky are showing 115 live premierleague matches this season their putting a load of saturday matched on sky sports 2. Which means that their basically 'creaming' people as now they will have to buy the whole sports package to enjoy the footie. Bunch on w**kers if you ask me.

Anyone else furious over this ****e?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Hello.

I thought i would set up this post to plain and simply piss and moan about how much of a rip-off sky is.

I have been subscribed to sky for the last few years. The only reason being to watch the footie. And even at that its only for the premiership footie - not championship or the other stuff.

So to do this i find myself having to pay ~€21 for basic package and then an extra ~€18 for the sports channel (sky sports 1 only). SS3&4dont show footie really. SS2 might show 5 or 6 matches throughout the season but thats it.

So as if that wasn't bad enuf...now that sky are showing 115 live premierleague matches this season their putting a load of saturday matched on sky sports 2. Which means that their basically 'creaming' people as now they will have to buy the whole sports package to enjoy the footie. Bunch on w**kers if you ask me.

Anyone else furious over this ****e?

John

most of the best football I saw last season was fta from euro satellites and irish tv

90% of sky's coverage is boring

I am happy with the football highlights from irish/uk free tv alongside with some live football

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well its news to me that you can add only 1 sports channel to your basic mix. I have had Sky Sports for the past 15yrs and the never offered me a choice of Sports channels when I askad to cancel. It was all or nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Well its news to me that you can add only 1 sports channel to your basic mix. I have had Sky Sports for the past 15yrs and the never offered me a choice of Sports channels when I askad to cancel. It was all or nothing.

Sky Sports is broken into 2 different packages. Get Sky Sports 1 or 2 as standalones. Subscribe to both and get Sky Sports 3 and 4 as bonus channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Think its time for you to invest in a decent motor and receiver and watch some proper affordable football coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

does anyone know easiest place to buy a basic starter system with recession pricing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,193 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

settopbox wrote: »
    Think its time for you to invest in a decent motor and receiver and watch some proper affordable football coverage.

FYP :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

IrishHomer wrote: »
    does anyone know easiest place to buy a basic starter system with recession pricing?

wizzard satellite in the UK, use google. Also have a good read through some of the threads here, you'll learn a lot about this subject

Advertisement