Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA football betting

Options
  • 31-07-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

This tends to be of punting interest to a lot of people in here, so I thought I'd open a thread for the All-Ireland quarter finals.
    Anyone aware of any good odds out there, or have any tips to share?
    I often find the value is in-running, once you've watched five or ten minutes and got a sense for how both teams are playing, so won't be betting ante-post.
    But it seems hard to see past Kerry, Cork and Tyrone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Anyone checked out AERTEL page 203 were there are tips on the GAA? Looks like there getting one right Down tipped too beat Kerry. Tyrone tipped too beat Dublin, Cork tipped to beat Roscommon prob not much of a tip:p, Kildare tipped to beat Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Spare man beginning to count a bit in midfield. Have to say, I didn't see that Down performance coming at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Don't know much about GAA as shown before were i said tipperary (kilkenny) were the best hurling county:pac:..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I was out in Omni in Santry on Friday and my mate went into Boyles to put a bet on the horses. He seen the GAA sheets and asked me if i had any tips. I told him that i was thinking of doing a double of both Down and Dublin -2 to win. Bastard went and put 25 euro on it. 17 to fecking 1. I rarely bet on pre game GAA matches and this time was no exception. If only i took my own advice.

Sweet bet!
    I got tanked on Tyrone to be honest. Was up on Down personally due to betting with the heart and not the head, and was pleasantly delighted to see them do over Kerry. But then promptly lost it and a good whack more on Tyrone. Inter tonight got most of it back for me, but I'm still down. I wonder if Roscommon could pull off a miracle and make it 0/3 tips for me on this thread.

• Advertisement

I might be looking at the unders for total points in the Cork game. It's 1.66 on PP now for under 30.5. Hopefully there's a few early points for Cork and the line moves up to something like 35.5. Odds flucuate so much that if you stand by with a fast hand you might get odds as good as 1.80, 1.90 or evens for that. Of course if the overs is looking good i'd be siding with that. Whether it be for a total points of team points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Have a double for myself today. Roscommon -9 at 5/6 and Meath at 11/10. Fingers crossed.

greetings wrote: »
    Have a double for myself today. Roscommon -9 at 5/6 and Meath at 11/10. Fingers crossed.

Reckon you mean +9 on that one. :D

Hmm....that might well be right ya :P

9 points down two minutes to go. Looks like I'm about to lose. They're not even trying at this stage.

• Advertisement

Last time I ever bet on Roscommon,not even sure why I did in the first place,even at +9. Useless *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

so the handicap was 9pts.total pts betting was under over 30.5pts...cork win by 9pts(handicap draw,dream result for bookies) and 29pts in total in the game,those odds compilers in powers never cease to amaze me,regardless of the sport,obviously they are working off statistics but to get it right so often is unreal

Aw stop I know well,not many would have a handicap draw especially with 9 points in the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

exactly,imagine the odds compilers satisfaction when that happens :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

This tends to be of punting interest to a lot of people in here, so I thought I'd open a thread for the All-Ireland quarter finals.
    Anyone aware of any good odds out there, or have any tips to share?
    I often find the value is in-running, once you've watched five or ten minutes and got a sense for how both teams are playing, so won't be betting ante-post.
    But it seems hard to see past Kerry, Cork and Tyrone.
    One of the best bookies to bet with in running is Stan James.

200motels wrote: »
    One of the best bookies to bet with in running is Stan James.

Or Betpack, as they are in Ireland. I was on their site extensively during the GAA last weekend. Sadly Tyrone let me down, ante-post and in-running.

Advertisement