Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so fast bet on PP

Options
  • 31-07-2010 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Last night i stayed up too watch the Chivas v Man Utd game.

Leading up to the first goal when the Chivas player chested the ball down too Little Pea i hit the fast bet for Chivas too score the first goal up pops the betting box on the side of the page and then the waiting and then the goal and then the bet confirms? I was like yes €100 @ 2.75.

Then the whole betting market diappeared off their site thought nothing of it because i was happy with my bet. Then 10 mins into the second half the bet still hadn't confirmed got on too live help they say they were having technical difficulties. So this morning i get up log into my PP account nothing there only that my stake was returned:confused: go onto live help and here is what im told after arguing that i hit the button before the goal he then tells me

That their fast bet aint so fast it has a 5 second delay:confused: now from what betting i have done in the past it never took 5 seconds ive only noticed it in the past 2 weeks but i still never had trouble with it even when the bet confirmed after the event. Has anyone else noticed the slowing down of PP fast bet:confused:.

In effect they have got a get out clause with this system by deliberately slowing down the time it takes for it too confirm:mad: this is the first time that it has happened too me. Also look at this>> totally :confused: they payout then take the money back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'd get on the phone,they can't claim that the bet hadn't gone through on time when they had even paid out on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

I think they can they do that when they void bets:confused:..

Greetings is that like betting rules if they payout they cant take it back or is it just your opinion?

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Here is the email i got from them at 9.50am after they paid and took back my winnings @8.34am[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial][FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Due to a technical problem, the Football BIR Guadalajara |v| Man Utd Team to Score the First Goal Market was still active and displayed on our site after the event had begun. In accordance with our rules, we are obliged to void your bets placed on this event. Below is our rule regarding late bets:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Are they saying their that the event should not of been up on live betting??? It was showing that it was going too showed live all yesterday.
    [/FONT]

Just got this email from PP...

Our settling dept rechecked your bet and the first goal was scored in the 9th min. The match kicked off at 3.30 customers bet was placed at 03:41 so his bet was 2 mins late.

There is no way i placed this bet 2mins after the fact. There trying too use the time it was suppose too kick-off then the actual time it kicked-off:mad:. There was a massive fireworks and bands and dance on before the game i was watching it live on TV so there is no way i could be 2mins behind f**king c**ts:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

To be honest they are a Joke, close your account and ring Joe Duffy or some other radio show. I bet if your bet had lost they would still of taken your money, PP with all there crap advertising are a right shower, i have had similiar problems with them before so i closed my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

matt1958 wrote: »
    Just got this email from PP...

Our settling dept rechecked your bet and the first goal was scored in the 9th min. The match kicked off at 3.30 customers bet was placed at 03:41 so his bet was 2 mins late.

There is no way i placed this bet 2mins after the fact. There trying too use the time it was suppose too kick-off then the actual time it kicked-off:mad:. There was a massive fireworks and bands and dance on before the game i was watching it live on TV so there is no way i could be 2mins behind f**king c**ts:mad::mad::mad:

Game kicked off well after that. I was watching it myself. Was at least 3.35, if not later.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Were you watching the match on a stream? If so it could have been a delayed stream?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad: Guys i think everyone who has a account with P.P should email them in and say they will close there accounts if the o.p bet is not paid.
    Come on guys lets stick together and show p.p punters wont be taken for mugs.

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

If you think they'll listen to us you're mis-informed!

• Advertisement

I think i'll have too go all the way through their book of excuses before i either get my winnings or get a "free bet" bulls**t which i won't be excepting.. This has me so f**king pissed with all their excuses they are throwing at me.

I have emptied my account in the fear that they go through my other teams to score bets and take them back because its such and such mins secs out..

:mad: Guys i think everyone who has a account with P.P should email them in and say they will close there accounts if the o.p bet is not paid.
    Come on guys lets stick together and show p.p punters wont be taken for mugs.

:) Cheers Jonjo.. But no need too go too that extreme but what i do think ppl should do is complain that there is something wrong their fast bet:rolleyes: system on their LIVE HELP. It would strenghten my case no end because the bet placed after the goal by like 2-3 seconds not their hopeful 2mins:mad:

colly_06 wrote: »
    Were you watching the match on a stream? If so it could have been a delayed stream?

Nope live on TV thats what makes their case full of s**t that i placed the bet 2mins after the goal was scored..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Threaten them with the famous line "I'm going to the papers and radio with this one"

Many a packet of cash has been redeemed that way ;)

Ridiculous scenario anyway.!

Gonna wait too see their reply too my last email before the threats start flying from me:D

colly_06 wrote: »

Nope, live stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Lots of complaints about Paddy Powers the last few months.
    Most people are moving elsewhere. Mostly to bet365. Fully recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

This match was an odd one as the only stream was from a mexican company who were behind by a few mins, betfair werent doing live betting (only at h/t) because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I've noticed their fast bet only seems to be the instant fast bet on occassion in recent times. It takes a couple of seconds to confirm it. They also apparently operate on a delay from the live feed due to being a slight delay from the television feed and the actual event. 2 minutes doesn't sound right but maybe it could be if the only feed was from Mexico as mentioned above. So lets say in real time the goal was scored on 8 minutes and 34 seconds. You probably actually placed the bet on 10 minutes 34 seconds in real time due to the delay in the live feed. Even though on your end you done it before the goal. If that was the case the bookies will always win.

I think they mess around with that fast bet on purpose. Techinical difficulties me hole.

Betpack (Stan James) were complaining about 'technical difficulties' on their site that night too. Funny, the site was working fine for absolutely all other games and sports.
    I had to ring to get the odds I wanted (ante-post). The game wasn't even listed. No in-running, they told me. More technical difficulties.

• Advertisement

After my last email too them yesterday at 5.30 checked my emails there about an hour ago and nothing from them.

So logged into PP go on live help and asked for an update. She decides too pull the same crap as in the emails that it was voided because it was late.

Then she tells me shes waiting for a screenshot for when the goal was scored i said i know when the goal was scored the 9th min. My whole point is you need too prove that the game started at 3.30am. While i was writing that she writing too up pops this your account will be credited 175€:D.. Then i go into my bets too find this>> I'll be taking this "free bet":p

@ El Horseboxo.. I've only noticed the slowing down of the fast bet this past 2-3 weeks:confused: but my bets have had no problem confirming and the winning ones (few and far between:o) have been paid out. They tryed too pull a fast one because of their "technical difficulties"..

Betpack (Stan James) were complaining about 'technical difficulties' on their site that night too. Funny, the site was working fine for absolutely all other games and sports.
    I had to ring to get the odds I wanted (ante-post). The game wasn't even listed. No in-running, they told me. More technical difficulties.

It was exactly the same on PP, Murray's odds were changing updating no problem. Because i looked a few times too see if the match came back up on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Had somethin' similar today.

Betting on some tennis in running, game was J Aguilar v A Ungur.
    Hit the fastbet for €10 on A Ungur To Win Set 2 8th Game at 3/1, have the screenshot after I placed my bet.
    He won the game, when I checked my bets, his odds were 2/7!! :mad:

I chatted online with the live help and they gave me the story, the odds changed from 3/1 to 2/7 while I placed my bet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

DeadSkin wrote: »

Hit the fastbet for €10 on A Ungur To Win Set 2 8th Game at 3/1, have the screenshot after I placed my bet.
    He won the game, when I checked my bets, his odds were 2/7!! :mad:

I chatted online with the live help and they gave me the story, the odds changed from 3/1 to 2/7 while I placed my bet!!

So fooking change in that space of time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Doocey wrote: »
    So fooking change in that space of time :eek:

Aye! Had to be a mistake as Ungur was serving that next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The fast bet still has to apply the 5-10 second delay that is applied to all betting in running markets. It's 'fast' in the sense you don't need to add the selection to the betslip etc
    DeadSkin wrote: »

He won the game, when I checked my bets, his odds were 2/7!!

Your bet wouldn't have been placed immediately but would go through after 10 seconds. Usually if the price changes during this time you will be shown a message informing you of this and asking if you want to accept the new price. I think you can change your settings so the bet is accepted at the new price without a message. Maybe this is what happened in your case? They will be able to see the exact time the price changed and would have checked this against the time of your bet

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The fast bet still has to apply the 5-10 second delay that is applied to all betting in running markets. It's 'fast' in the sense you don't need to add the selection to the betslip etc

No it hasnt. If it had too then why not apply the 5-10 sec delay right from the start of using the "fast bet" system on the site. I've used it a few times and when it was fast it took like a second for my bet too be placed and not go counting up the blocks as it does now. Its now just the same as the bet slip way.

If you bet on certain markets you can pull that up put your stake in and wait for the right odds/time too (try) place your bet with the same out come you still have too wait 6-7-8-9-10 seconds for your bet too confirm.

They have been underhanded in the way they have not told the online punters they are slowing down the fast bet system from 1 second too 6-7-8-9-10 seconds i dont know which one but its alot slower then it use to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No it hasnt. If it had too then why not apply the 5-10 sec delay right from the start of using the "fast bet" system on the site. I've used it a few times and when it was fast it took like a second for my bet too be placed and not go counting up the blocks as it does now. Its now just the same as the bet slip way.

If you bet on certain markets you can pull that up put your stake in and wait for the right odds/time too (try) place your bet with the same out come you still have too wait 6-7-8-9-10 seconds for your bet too confirm.

They have been underhanded in the way they have not told the online punters they are slowing down the fast bet system from 1 second too 6-7-8-9-10 seconds i dont know which one but its alot slower then it use to be.

I'm not sure when this fast bet thing was brought in but maybe it was a bug that caused the delay not to be applied then? Obviously they don't want people placing in running bets without it so its been fixed now. Happens a lot when new features are introduced.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure when this fast bet thing was brought in but maybe it was a bug that caused the delay not to be applied then? Obviously they don't want people placing in running bets without it so its been fixed now. Happens a lot when new features are introduced.

It was earlier in the year around February/March i think.. And considering the amount of bets that would of been placed in that time it was a really good bug going that long unnoticed.. Yes it's obvious now that they don't want people placing these fast bets so the system should be taking down from their site because it isn't fast.

Advertisement