Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get Blackvpn working on their Desire

Options
  • 31-07-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get blackvpn working on my desire to access BBC iplayer.

It just won't connect. Has anyone got this working on theirs yet? and what setting did you use

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

swingking wrote: »
    I'm trying to get blackvpn working on my desire to access BBC iplayer.

It just won't connect. Has anyone got this working on theirs yet? and what setting did you use

thanks
    . Ooooooo that sounds hard to do. I tried to do it with an iPad but failed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

emo72 wrote: »
    . Ooooooo that sounds hard to do. I tried to do it with an iPad but failed :(

yeah the connection for me just times out. I don't think it's possible tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

swingking wrote: »
    yeah the connection for me just times out. I don't think it's possible tbh

Haven't tried in on my desire yet as am on 2.1 so no flash for iplayer, but have it working on the iPad no bother, very easy to set up, instructions are on the website , with screen shots etc, very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eske

I had ipredator the Swedish vpn working on my desire (very easy to setup)
    but I never got blackvpn to work on android (fine on desktop)- it will connect to blackvpn but the try browsing and it just times out

I'm on O2 but I have a mate who has it working on his nexus 1 - he's with meteor, so I'm not sure if it's O2 port blocking or something or maybe some difference between the desire and the nexus one

with all the news recently about the firefox extension that hijacks sessions with twitter, facebook etc over open wifi networks, i would like to get some kind of vpn setup - I have a Desire HD now but just tested it and still no joy with blackvpn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

I got this working. You need to set up openvpn on a PC and download the zip from black VPN to get it working. Then download openvpn settings from the android market. Finally pull the config folder from the PC into /sdcard/openvpn on the phone.

When you launch openvpn settings you'll have a checkbox for openvpn, then one for each of the blackvpn servers (usa, uk and nl).

It's great - have iplayer running on my desire :)

It's a bit choppy, but perfectly watchable

• Advertisement

@EasyBoy1974 is your phone rooted?

I did see a "how to" but it involved rooting the handset

yep - i thought everyone's was these days :)

nah .. didn't have the balls to do it ;)

hehehe :D

seriously though the "openvpn settings" app does need superuser access

Advertisement