Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Box 360 Live

Options
  • 31-07-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi just wondering can anyone help me. I have an xbox360 and was thinking of getting the wireless adapter to play my games online. I was just wondering can you play online for free once you have the adapter and broadband set up? I see some sort of xbox live subscription and am not sure. All I really want to do is play the likes of Fifa, Tiger Woods etc online. Any help is greatly received, Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

You need a subscription to play online

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mikeo004

Thanks Slinky, are they expensive, how do you buy them and do you think it is worth it? So I cant just buy an adapter and play the games I already own online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

mikeo004 wrote: »
    Thanks Slinky, are they expensive, how do you buy them and do you think it is worth it? So I cant just buy an adapter and play the games I already own online?
    Ya online play is class definitely worth it, its cheaper to buy the subscriptions online. The first time you go online you get a free month so you can try it out first. I heard the first gen adaptor is shíte so be sure to get the second one. How far away are you from the modem if your not that far use the Ethernet cable

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OP if you don't have a credit card or anything I'd recommend Xtravision for Xbox Live subscriptions. Cheap enough at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Ya online play is class definitely worth it, its cheaper to buy the subscriptions online. The first time you go online you get a free month so you can try it out first. I heard the first gen adaptor is shíte so be sure to get the second one. How far away are you from the modem if your not that far use the Ethernet cable

i'm using th efrist gen adapter and it working perfectly and i stream movies and use windows media center.

the only difference is the black one is 802.11n (a newer type of wireless) so you would only benefit if everything in your network was
    802.11n

i think i saw thecadapter in game for 24.99 preowned

• Advertisement
Advertisement