Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Question

Options
  • 31-07-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Im from the north and bought a car there in feburary, ive moved down south a couple of weeks ago so ill have to change it over. Seen on boards you can change it over if you have owned it for 6 months in the uk which i have. Is this true? Cant find any information on that on the vrt website and what sorta documents do you need to prove residence in the north. I work in the south but all my pay slips and that have my northern address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

You need rental details, proof of spending money in the north, bills, phone elec gas, then proof you have moved to the south etc. It's a real c**t of a job doing it I found. But I have heard of people that have had no problem doing it. I think I'm just unlucky!!

But from what you have said, if you bought the car on the first of feb you would need to move into the south on the first of august for it to be six months.

Just try and have as many details as you can with your address on it. If you owned and sold a house your prob in a better situation.

Advertisement