Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Tags

Options
  • 31-07-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get a letter or information about this:

"Fingal County Council’s Bin Tags have been re-designed, with yellow being replaced with purple and red being replaced with green. The new stock will be on sale in shops from Monday 30th November 2009."

We bought a load for the year and suddenly this morning we had to argue with the bin men to take our yellow tagged bin, we still have two there to use. As far as I can see the neighbours bin has yellow on his.

Gone be the days when there was none of this messing and the lads from the corpo where decent. This is the third mix up and they just walk past the bin, we look after them @ xmas and this is how they repay you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

jeffk wrote: »
    Did anyone get a letter or information about this:

"Fingal County Council’s Bin Tags have been re-designed, with yellow being replaced with purple and red being replaced with green. The new stock will be on sale in shops from Monday 30th November 2009."

We bought a load for the year and suddenly this morning we had to argue with the bin men to take our yellow tagged bin, we still have two there to use. As far as I can see the neighbours bin has yellow on his.

Gone be the days when there was none of this messing and the lads from the corpo where decent. This is the third mix up and they just walk past the bin, we look after them @ xmas and this is how they repay you.

I'm sure if you bring them to Council office they will exchange them.

I think they were changed a long time ago - I can't remember when I used a yellow tag.

BTW - what do you mean about looking after the bin men at Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm sure if you bring them to Council office they will exchange them.

I think they were changed a long time ago - I can't remember when I used a yellow tag.

BTW - what do you mean about looking after the bin men at Christmas?

He means by giving them money in a card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Or a bottle of spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Ill give fingal a bell on tuesday so thanks, they where bought in a local newsagent not off a fella @ the door(in case anyone asks).

Thats it , the binmen, milkman and postman get a tenner @ xmas. Look after them they look after you and all that,well thats how it used to be

Advertisement