Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Blizz accept a Garda Card as a form of ID?

Options
  • 31-07-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

So, here's the story. I had to restore my iPhone yesterday, so like the Authentication FAQ says, I made damn sure I had a backup ready and waiting so that if everything went pearshaped, I could, as they say, "quickly restore your previous install of the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator". Well, things went pearshaped and when I tried to restore from the backup, the authenticator had reset.

Sidestory, I am currently getting my Passport replaced, so I don't have that. And I don't drive, being a cheap and poor student. So the only form of ID available to me when it comes to chatting with Blizzard to get my account back is a Garda ID. And their call centers seem closed right now, (until monday, I imagine) so I thought I would check with you lot first. Anybody know if they will accept it, or will I have to go without Starcraft 2 and WoW until I get my new passport (early september)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

Happily, I tried restoring to a slightly earlier backup, and now everything is back to normal. That was a bit of a panic!

Thanks for the help though!

Advertisement