Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Smart

Options
  • 30-07-2010 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Whats the general view on this?

I know most people on here will be more likely to have the Desire but was just wondering if anyone had any inputs on this/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I wouldn't get this. Doesn't even have WiFi, get the LG optimus instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Plus its not an Android

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Is the LG optimus an android?

Dont like the look of it plus very bad experiences with LG phones in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Is the LG optimus an android?

Dont like the look of it plus very bad experiences with LG phones in the past
    It is.

The HTC Smart is just a dumbphone with smartphone like features. I believe the base OS is made by Qualcomm, they're the people that made the Snapdragon. I'd say it makes a decent dumbphone but it's not Android in any shape or form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I own one but don't use it myself.

It looks good, but as I heard in a review, beauty is only skin deep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Whoops so technically it shouldnt be in this section, advertising led me to believe it was a smartphone aimed at a different audience, anyone have advice for a person seaking to buy his first android phone that will be on pre-pay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I would wait for the HTC wildfire to come out on prepay, should be around e250 or less. Has a lot of the features of the desire, but in a smaller, cheaper package. Unfortunately has a bad resolution, 240 by 320 I think.

Advertisement