Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 mobile broadband

Options
  • 30-07-2010 10:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi i have o2's mobile broadband and want to get out of there crappy capped service and onto vodafones unlimeted service. Is there any loopholes to get out of my contract and if not what do i have to pay to get out of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Vodafone's Mobile service is NOT Broadband and it's NOT Unlimited.

However depending on location if might be better or worse than O2. Mobile. Every mast might have different traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

What is o2 broadband. Is it Internet on your phone like 3G. I was thinking ofsetti g up a VPN connection for my iPod is it possible with an o2 broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

What is o2 broadband. Is it Internet on your phone like 3G. I was thinking ofsetti g up a VPN connection for my iPod is it possible with an o2 broadband.

Yep it's like your phone on 3G ( you just get a modem which does the same thing as your phone :P) Whether you will be able to set up a VPN on it or not I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

watty wrote: »
    Vodafone's Mobile service is NOT Broadband and it's NOT Unlimited.

However depending on location if might be better or worse than O2. Mobile. Every mast might have different traffic.

What is the cap on Vodafone's service? I knew they would have a fair usage policy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

VPN only works to a VPN server.

We have a server at home that does VPN and to avoid VPN being blocked we set up the Router to forward Port 80 (as we don't share a web server to the Internet).

Then you need a VPN client that can be configured on Port 80 instead of default VPN port.

Then when away from home you can use VPN to do email and browsing via home ISP securely at a WiFi point.

IF 3G Mobile *is* your home Internet, then VPN is only any use to connect to a Work server etc...

AFAIK the Vodafone "unlimited" is about 15GByte.

• Advertisement
Advertisement