Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a basketball team/club

Options
  • 30-07-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, i was just trying to find some links or advice on how to set up a team in my local area. Ive been looking around and cant seem to find much of help or else i just suck at looking for stuff. :confused:

Im just asking for help on

how to register the club if thats what you need to do to be in a tournament.

how to enter or even a list of the tournaments available.

I know alot of guys in the area who play very well and some new people have even joined us to play. We have nearly 15+ regulars that show up and dont play on a team. We have 2 decent halls we play at and an outdoor court that we like to use.

So basically any help would be much appreciated. :D
    Thankyou

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

hello
    I am happy to talk you through process if you like.
    I have considerable experience internationally - spain in particular.
    It is good idea I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

try dmbb.net or basketballireland.ie

if u want players u shud advertise here for scrimmage games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StreetBoi

Hi Emelio,

Yes that would be very nice of you to go through it =]
    Where every you want to start from is fine by me, im here to learn.

Thankyou!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StreetBoi

Hi Da GOAT,

Thanks for them 2 links, i been there before but i found it hard to navigate and find things i needed. Luckily today on the homepage i found some forms to become a member of basketball ireland. Though we wont join just yet (maybe next year)...it was quite useful!

As for games, we already play against teams from other area like dun laoighre, black rock and kylemore, that players organise but we will post it up when the guys want to play thanks :)

A question for anyone to answer:
    1)After registering the clubs team(s) on basketball ireland(BI) will they automatically be put in to competition. Or is it that BI will give us a list of the competition and/or division etc that we would like to participate in?

2)Do we still have to register players? Is there a cost involved with this? (I know there is a fee depending on teams entered, ie 75euro = one team in club, and an additional 150 euro for the reg).

Sorry for my crazy questions!:o
    Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement