Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Strange Noise - help please

Options
  • 30-07-2010 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for some info before I take it in to a garage, I would just like to know what it could be, so I have an idea what to expect.

2005 A6 TDi, recently had some work done, timing belt, new intercooler, two new tyres.
    When I drive, there seems to be a rubbing sound with some mild vibration, this starts as soon as I hit 30km and stays there. At first I thought it was a flat tyre, but it was not. Got two new tyres, as back ones were worn and got tracking done just in case. Noise is still there. It does not appear to be coming from the front or back, and does not change when I turn the wheel.

Any ideas please?
    Also has anyone got an A6 2l TDi remaped? Any advice or recommendations?
    Thanks in advance, I don't know too much about cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

i aint no mechanic but could it be a bearing or a stone stuck in the disc as i say i aint no mechanic or it could be the timeing belt tensioner wich will make a while noise all togather you think that some thing is going to fall of.if it is that you would be as well geting the we wheel on the alternator as one usualy fecks the other up ,you will see little brass bits laying about the wheel either is not that dear about 100 yoyo for the parts.good luck with it any way and may be some one will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Also not a mechanic. Have read a bit here recently about Dual Mass Flywheel problems with VAG cars. The vibration symptom would worry me, tbh. If it is the DMF, it's fairly expensive to get replaced.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

Thanks guys, appreciate the responses. I will take it in.

Advertisement