Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does your htc desire take to charge?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

as the title suggests.

mine seems to be taking an age via usb and about as long when plugged into the mains. my nokia n95 used to fully charge in about 30 mins or an hour. this seems to need a bit longer?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think it takes a lot longer if you charge via usb connected to a computer rather than use the charger. My n95 used to take about 2 hours or so to charge from the mains, haven't noticed much of a difference with the desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Desire takes an hour or two off the mains, but longer on USB. USB is maybe 4 hours. quite slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

I noticed a big difference in using the supplied htc cable and another type micro-usb cable. I hope thats your problem being the easiest to fix. I also experienced similar issues.

Post 10

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055894704

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

About 90 mins plugged in will get it to 95% or so for me if I am not using it at the time. USB seems to be about twice as long, but I have 2 plug in chargers (including that one supplied) so I rarely charge it via USB anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

USB only supplies about 500mA maximum, while the supplied charger puts out 1A. Of course USB takes longer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,730 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just over an hour on mains with the original adapter cable will get it charged for me... takes a lot longer than that on USB or in the car (actually, has anyone got a link for a decent car charger for this phone?)

I've noticed though that the cable seems to have become very loose when connected to the base of the phone in the last few days though.. this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement