Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus One USB Mode

Options
  • 30-07-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, up until recently when I plugged my Nexus One into a computer, it wouldn't go into Mass Storage mode unless I selected it from the status bar. But now it keeps going into it by default meaning I keep forgetting to safely remove it when I unplug it and now it looks like my SD card is damaged. Where is the option to make it stop doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

try settings > connect to pc

then change "default connection type" or "ask me".

i got this off a desire. i assume it's the same on yours.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I can't find a setting on my Nexus. Running 2.2.:confused:
    It connects & I goto alerts to turn on Mass Storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

Looks like it was a rogue application that was constantly putting my phone into mass storage mode. I uninstalled a whole pile of applications (I suspect it was the media application 3 (cubed) which I'd recently downloaded) and switched usb debugging off and on... Doing all that seems to have solved it.. Unfortunately SD card had to be wiped and re-formatted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Doubletwist does this also afaik.

Advertisement