Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower Defence?

Options
  • 30-07-2010 4:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, what is tower defence, i recall someone mentioning it somewhere on this forum recently.
    While have a nosey in multiplayer custom games i see games called tower defence, i tried to join but it was full.
    Anyone know anything about tower defence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Dcully wrote: »
    Just a quick question, what is tower defence, i recall someone mentioning it somewhere on this forum recently.
    While have a nosey in multiplayer custom games i see games called tower defence, i tried to join but it was full.
    Anyone know anything about tower defence?

Basicly you get resources to build towers, and there are ai units running around the map. Every round the units get stronger. The more units you kill the more minerals you get so you can build more or upgrade your towers. Usually the game ends when all the rounds are complete or a certain number of ai units are on the map becasue the defense failed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

bloody addictive games they are!

but great fun and alternate to regular maps.
    I play a lot of them so if you wanna have a game or 2, give me a shout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks lads, are there any such maps shipped with the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I don't think so, I believe they're all custom made. They're hugely popular so there's always a game to be had on b.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks lads, are there any such maps shipped with the game ?

Nah blizzard didnt get involved with any custom maps as far as I know. But people have been making them since start of beta and there are loads around now. Its amazing some of the stuff I have seen people do with the map editor. One person made an FPS which looked very cool. When on bnet switch to custom games and then refresh and the best custom maps are the ones at the top usually with the biggest popularity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You just join one of the custom games and it will start downloading the map.

alternatively you can download map packs online.

Assume it operates the same as warcraft did.

Essentially packs/round of "creeps" or " units" will try penetrate your lines to destory a "hq". you need to build towers to destory these units.

As you progress you gain resources to upgrade your towers or build new towers/alternative towers.

In time you'll learn how to "shape" your towers, in creating them into a baracade, and funnel the AI troops into a kill zone.

They are fun, quick, addictive and well worth a go ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just got in a game and instantly realized i have a version of tower defence on my HTC Hero.
    Cracking game on the phone ,a hundred times better on SC2, insane amount of visuals going on , a great way to test ones hardware :)
    I must keep an eye out for more custom game types.

Advertisement