Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Difference of opinions between garages!

Options
  • 30-07-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I took my berlingo van to the garage on wednesday night with a squeeky noise coming from the rear area. They told me the back axle bearing was fu*ked and the van needed a new axle!
    Was driving past a garage today where a friend of my 'ol lad works and called in. He said the axle was fine and that the right front wheel bearing was what need doing!
    Feeling a bit confused with the big difference i said i'd go to another garage and was told that BOTH the axle and front wheel bearring needed doing!
    I then decided I'd go to the Citroen main dealer and find out for sure as they would surely be able to tell me! He said back axle wasn't fu*ked but certainly wasn't in great condition, he said that both the front wheel bearrings were bol*oxed and that the drive shaft bearring was completly gone!!

I just think its mad how one said back axle was gone, others said it was perfect! Anyone got any similar stories??

P.S the van is a 03 with only 75000 miles on it and I'm owner number 8 :eek: I'm starting to question the milage!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

alan1990 wrote: »
    I took my berlingo van to the garage on wednesday night with a squeeky noise coming from the rear area. They told me the back axle bearing was fu*ked and the van needed a new axle!
    Was driving past a garage today where a friend of my 'ol lad works and called in. He said the axle was fine and that the right front wheel bearing was what need doing!
    Feeling a bit confused with the big difference i said i'd go to another garage and was told that BOTH the axle and front wheel bearring needed doing!
    I then decided I'd go to the Citroen main dealer and find out for sure as they would surely be able to tell me! He said back axle wasn't fu*ked but certainly wasn't in great condition, he said that both the front wheel bearrings were bol*oxed and that the drive shaft bearring was completly gone!!

I just think its mad how one said back axle was gone, others said it was perfect! Anyone got any similar stories??

P.S the van is a 03 with only 75000 miles on it and I'm owner number 8 :eek: I'm starting to question the milage!!!

Add a 0 to that mileage and you'd be nearer the truth with 8 owners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

One doctor told me that I needed to have a kidney removed but when I had the operation they took out the wrong kdney. When I found I nearly p1ssed myself ......

>>>>>>>>>>> sorry ....sorry ( couldnt wait to tell that joke :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭shanemc1

The whining wheel bearing is a pain in the b***x. Anyone telling you it's more than one are usually covering there arse as unfortunately with most wheel bearing's (in the front anyway) can't be removed and fitted in the other side if a wrong call is made. They can in some cars be very difficult to pin point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Saab Ed wrote: »
    One doctor told me that I needed to have a kidney removed but when I had the operation they took out the wrong kdney. When I found I nearly p1ssed myself ......

>>>>>>>>>>> sorry ....sorry ( couldnt wait to tell that joke :D )

Sadly, that has happened all too often before: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0527/conroy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,148 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Saab Ed wrote: »
    When I found I nearly p1ssed myself ......
    It's OK, you can say 'piss' on Boards. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement