Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recession me hole!!!

Options
  • 30-07-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭

I bought a 07 Accord Diesel Estate in February and went looking for a quote for its first service. Local honda dealers quoted €350!!!:eek: for a fuppin service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

And thats why most people steer clear of main dealers when getting their car serviced...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Even Advance who are robbin bastards themselves quoted €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 demons

Where abouts are you based ? I use JC Campbell in rostrevor NI to get my honda services, no problems with them and they open on saturdays too might be worth a shot. If you call maybe ask for malcolm I use him, any more questions drop me a pm

Kerry, about as far from NI as you can get. I'll get it done by a mechanic locally. Just cannot believe they are still charging people that much given the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

My local Honda dealer dropped their prices quite dramatically about 18 months ago, but theyre still a lot dearer than going to a local mechanic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Kerry, about as far from NI as you can get. I'll get it done by a mechanic locally. Just cannot believe they are still charging people that much given the current climate.

If this is the Honda Dealer im thinking of they are also a Mercedes and Landrover dealer prices bound to be over the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

They're trying to charge that, not succeeding if they put you off. Once they realise people aren't going to pay that, they lower their prices or go out of business.

If this is the Honda Dealer im thinking of they are also a Mercedes and Landrover dealer prices bound to be over the norm.

Spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Recently got charged over €400 for a service(+brake pads) in the main toyota dealer in Sligo.....last money they will get out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I got a Civic serviced last July in the main dealer for €190, and I was quoted €220 today for the same service from the same dealer. There was also an option to get filters done for an extra €90-100. I prefer to have main dealer stamps on the service booklet for when I go to sell it, but these figures are making me re-evaluate my thinking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

I got a Civic serviced last July in the main dealer for €190, and I was quoted €220 today for the same service from the same dealer. There was also an option to get filters done for an extra €90-100. I prefer to have main dealer stamps on the service booklet for when I go to sell it, but these figures are making me re-evaluate my thinking...

filters should be int the orginal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Recession me hole!!!

Its over mate!:pac:

Ahh though its pricey alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

You think thats bad.
    Got Bushings done on a '04 C180, it broke down as follows;
    Parts - Bushings x 2: €90
    Labour: €180
    Vat, etc: €30

Total: €300.:eek: :(

German & Japanese cars are always expensive for parts & servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

Im in Kerry too, should be able to send you on to decent Lad

pm me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Brabus wrote: »
    You think thats bad.
    Got Bushings done on a '04 C180, it broke down as follows;
    Parts - Bushings x 2: €90
    Labour: €180
    Vat, etc: €30

Total: €300.:eek: :(

German & Japanese cars are always expensive for parts & servicing.
    What bushes do you remember, because if they are roll bar bushes buy a shot gun!

Advertisement