Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 2.2 to unlocked HTC devices

Options
  • 30-07-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Engadget have reported this.

Im hoping that my meteor HTC desire will be included in this. It says that operator specific versions of 2.2 will roll out later...not sure if that means meteor phone will be updated now or later.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i like the itunes sync'ing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

MiCr0 wrote: »
    i like the itunes sync'ing!

Yeah really wasnt expecting that. Doubletwist is very fiddly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Why would anyone use itunes if they didn't have to?

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Why would anyone use itunes if they didn't have to?

Well iv had an ipod for the last 7yrs. I wasnt too tech savy 7yrs ago. Its just iv never tried anything else. Is it possible to trasnfer all music to another player and keep all album names/track names/artists names because im very particular about the names. Everything must be perfect and my iTunes is perfectly done.

What are peoples problems with itunes. Iv never had a problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

an update, nice one.

how do i check if mine will be able to get the update? the article suggests once you're unlocked you're ok. i got mine on o2 prepay and it came unlocked from cpw.

anyone know how big these updates usually are in terms of megabytes?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

update will be big.. use wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Hogzy wrote: »
    Well iv had an ipod for the last 7yrs. I wasnt too tech savy 7yrs ago. Its just iv never tried anything else. Is it possible to trasnfer all music to another player and keep all album names/track names/artists names because im very particular about the names. Everything must be perfect and my iTunes is perfectly done.

What are peoples problems with itunes. Iv never had a problem?

I don't know, may be because its fashinable to hate apple?

I think iTunes is great, love that it keeps track of playcounts. i've built up two years worth of listening and don't want to lose it, so havent switched to my desire for music until that gets sorted!

Lets see what htc have to offer.

I have a feeling by weekend, they will mean sunday or something annoying, leaving us waiting all weekend!

floggg wrote: »
    i've built up two years worth of listening and don't want to lose it, so havent switched to my desire for music until that gets sorted!

Lets see what htc have to offer.

You will be happy with android 2.2, It includes itunes syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Hogzy wrote: »
    You will be happy with android 2.2, It includes itunes syncing.

That's what I was referring to.

But I hope it's real syncing, and play count and all. There is loads of apps out there to get music from iTunes to the phond, and let's hope this goes the other way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Excuse my ignorance but is 720p video HD? Is making video all of a sudden go from normal to hd a software issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but is 720p video HD? Is making video all of a sudden go from normal to hd a software issue?

No its not usually "just" software. It requires fast processing and suitable graphics processor. The Desire had all this required hardware to start with, but they had not perfected the HD software side before release so it shipped with standard 800x480 recording. Now the softwrae is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

100gSoma wrote: »
    No its not usually "just" software. It requires fast processing and suitable graphics processor. The Desire had all this required hardware to start with, but they had not perfected the HD software side before release so it shipped with standard 800x480 recording. Now the softwrae is ready.

Nice one thanks.

Advertisement