Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting Starting With 10er

Options
  • 30-07-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

For This Weekend I'm going for a handicap accumalator
    Down (+4) 5/6
    Dublin(+3) 10/11
    Cork(-8) Evens
    Kildare(-1) 11/8

€5 Stake at 16.6 To 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Con1110 wrote: »
    Down (+4) 5/6
    Dublin(+3) 10/11
    Cork(-8) Evens
    Kildare(-1) 11/8

€5 Stake at 16.6 To 1

I was actually thinking about going the opposite way on the dublin and cork games with tyrone -3 (1/1) and roscommon +9 (4/5)
    Roscommon have a great free taker who will miss very few from inside 50m and in gaa football you will always get 6-7 easy frees in a game. That give roscomon a final score with the handicap of (9+7) 16 points if they dont even score from play which they will. On the other hand cork have poor free takers and i believe roscommon are no worse than limerick who cork could not put away.

Tyrone i feel are just too strong for dublin and will beat them.Tyrone have been very impressive this year and dublin have failed to impress at every opportunity. The -3 has me a little concerned though as i feel it will be a tight game and there my only be 3/4 points in it. Im just hoping its 4.

Do you really fancy kildare, im not too sure about this game. Have you any reason for this? I want to bet on kildare but i just dont know enough about the teams playing to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Con1110

I know what your saying about donal shine but i really doubt he will get that many frees againist cork.. and cork seem to be very good in croke park except againist kerry..

I fancied dublin every since the 1st game i dunno why.. I don't think there going to collapse this year like previous years.. Unlike other years they have less to lose aswell so I'm hoping they pull off a shock

Kildare are going well I think good manager and some great players.. I think the leinster final will have a negative effect on Meath and i except kildare to win by 3-4 points

Hopefully cork and kildare do the business 2moro..
    Should have backed dublin at 14/1 yesterday..

Returns 83.73 :):)

Big Bets Now Next Week
    And outrights in both hurling and football

Your thoughts about roscommon were looking well until the goal..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

Great bet Con, fair play

• Advertisement

Thanks I was cursed last week so needed that this week
    I put 20 euro on Antrim +9 and Galway +2 Last Week at 3/1 and Cork got late point and Antrim missed a free in final moments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Down (+4) 5/6
    Dublin(+3) 10/11
    Cork(-8) Evens
    Kildare(-1) 11/8

€5 Stake at 16.6 To 1

Great result. Couldn't see it coming off myself before the weekend began but hey what do i know.

If you dont mind me asking what bookie are you using?

Thanks
    I use Boylesports
    I'm planning on a big bet on Kilkenny next weekend hope the handicap won't be too high

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

im presumin it will be kilkenny -7 or -8

I was thinking -7 aswell..
    cork will stay with them for 45mins then the cats will pull away so I reckon I'll be going kilkenny -7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

I was thinking -7 aswell..
    cork will stay with them for 45mins then the cats will pull away so I reckon I'll be going kilkenny -7

if you think they will then your better off waiting for a in running bet as the odds will be in your favour,i.e -7 points at the 45 mins mark is going to be far greater odds than evens which is what you will get pre match.. also there is a lot less risk as you will get a good judge of how the 2 teams are playing.

yeah thanks for advice but i don't have online account but might try it inside the bookies

Said I'd throw in a bit of soccer since the gaa is running out of games!!
    2 Accumalators
    Champions League €5
    Zenit St Peterburg 1/4
    FC Basel 1/4
    Fenerbache 1/3
    Celtic 8/11
    Rosenburg 1/3

Possible Returns €23.99

Championship Accumalator €2
    Norwich 5/6
    Bristol City 4/5
    Hull 11/10
    Leeds 1/1
    Reading 4/7

Possible Returns €43.56

Said I'd throw in a bit of soccer since the gaa is running out of games!!
    2 Accumalators
    Champions League €5
    Zenit St Peterburg 1/4
    FC Basel 1/4
    Fenerbache 1/3
    Celtic 8/11
    Rosenburg 1/3

Possible Returns €23.99

Championship Accumalator €2
    Norwich 5/6
    Bristol City 4/5
    Hull 11/10
    Leeds 1/1
    Reading 4/7

Possible Returns €43.56

Fenerbache cost me lost 1-0..

Copying Colly With This One €5
    Liverpool -2 8/11
    Juventus -2 20/21
    Sporting Lisbon 1/5
    Maritimo 1/3

Possible Returns €26.97

Current Profit: €78.73

Shame I don't have online account because my money would be going on shamrock rovers with the weather

I thought liverpool and juventus were certain at -2
    Maybe I should stick to the Gaa

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ALTESSE12

Anyone know the HT handicap on KK match?

Sorry Don't have a clue

I'm going for Cork +5 changed my mind.. I think Cork will put it up the Cats.. This Cork team maybe hasnt enough quality forwards but it has put in some great performances when they have been up againist it in the past.. E.g 2nd half performance againist Galway couple of years ago in Thurles..

10Euro Stake
    Cork +5 15/8
    Potential Returns:€28.75

10Euro Stake
    Galway Minors 11/10
    Potential Returns: €21.00

Current Bank: €58.73

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

ALTESSE12 wrote: »
    Anyone know the HT handicap on KK match?

8 points but you can pick your handicap with pp if you want.

8 points but you can pick your handicap with pp if you want.

thats the full time handicap,there is no handi for the ht on pp anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

I thought liverpool and juventus were certain at -2
    Maybe I should stick to the Gaa

I am adamant that there is never value in soccer handicaps. Teams only need to win by one goal, It is much easier to defend in soccer than gaa so you can sit on a lead unlike gaa, where handicap betting makes more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

EI111 wrote: »
    I am adamant that there is never value in soccer handicaps. Teams only need to win by one goal, It is much easier to defend in soccer than gaa so you can sit on a lead unlike gaa, where handicap betting makes more sense.
    i agree ,when you have a great team against a crap team i usually leave it as the crap team don't have the ambition or ability to score,they'll still defend like mad at 1-0 down and hope to score from a set piece etc,they won't have sustained pressure
    where i think there's value in it is where i fancy strongly a team in a so called 50/50 match where the others will go chasing the draw and chance of a break for the others

i don't think you can make money by doing hcp matches consistently

I actually now agree with ye completely bout soccer handicaps and i am going to keep away from them. Thanks for advice makes alot of sense..

Cork Gaa Accumalator Bankers Really €10
    Bishopstown
    Nemo Rangers
    Adrigole
    Cill na Matra
    Clonakilty
    St.Finbarrs
    Clyda Rovers

About 7/1 id say
    TRUST ME ON THIS ONE :P

that acc is as good as in.,they wont lose......fact...

bishopstown will win
    nemo are 1/20...dont no why you added them tbh,after all there playing us.;)..we shouldnt stand a chance but it would be great if we did win..
    would never back 1/20,the true odds of them winning are about 1/7..;)
    just a heads up,it wont be a big as shock as you might think if we win,,,but we wont...:p

Bad odds alri but i just said id throw them in they cant really do ny harm to the bet tbh they will be just too good for valleys in fairness..
    Ill take the advice on board dont jinx it tho bishopstown isnt certain

I should have stuck to my first thought that kilkenny would beat the handicap..
    Never betting againist them again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

coughlan08 wrote: »
    that acc is as good as in.,they wont lose......fact...

bishopstown will win
    nemo are 1/20...dont no why you added them tbh,after all there playing us.;)..we shouldnt stand a chance but it would be great if we did win..
    would never back 1/20,the true odds of them winning are about 1/7..;)
    just a heads up,it wont be a big as shock as you might think if we win,,,but we wont...:p

Bishopstown 0 - 8 St Nicks 0 - 9

He jinxed it for me :P

Current Bank €48.73

Poor Return lately so havent updated

OUTRIGHT LEAGUE ACCUMALATOR
    Arsenal 6/1
    Juventus 4/1
    Lyon 13/8
    Bayern Munich 4/7
    Real Madrid 11/10

€2 Bet
    Possible Returns €606.38

Arsenal: With Anelka coming out saying he fancies Spurs for the PL because chelsea are focusing on european glory and Utd with more or less the same team with an out of form Wayne Rooney.. I think it may finally be Arsenals year.. I believe they will either get Given or Schwarser before the end of the transfer window and maybe another young centre half which means they are in perfect condition to have a right attack on the PL.. Injuries have cost them in recent years and Chamakth will make a huge difference compared to Eduardo in recent years.

Juventus: Rare a team plays well two years running and Inter without Mourinho will not win anything this year.. Benitez is a poor manager and will try and focus on European glory but with Real Madrid and likes around he doesnt stand much of a chance in that either.. Benitez will rest players for the Champions League So I think this leaves an opening for Juventus with Amuari upfront who will cause trouble for any defense and they have good players to bring on like Del Piero and Trezuguet. I think they will come out on top in a very poor league.

Lyon: Lyon always do well in the French League and go far enough in the CL.. They are very consistent and have a good side again this year. With Blanc leaving for the French National Post I will believe they will regain their title

Bayern Munich: They have no real competition for the German Title and with the likes of Robben and Ribery they are certs which is why they are only 4/7 in Boylesports

Real Madrid: Real have always had the players but have always lacked a manager imo.. Mourinho the best in the world should make the most out of Kaka and Ronaldo and make them more solid at the back.. Will be close with them and Barca but I cant see Barca having the same hunger as Madrid.

Would be interested to hear yer opinions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Current Bank €48.73

Poor Return lately so havent updated

OUTRIGHT LEAGUE ACCUMALATOR
    Arsenal 6/1
    Juventus 4/1
    Lyon 13/8
    Bayern Munich 4/7
    Real Madrid 11/10

€2 Bet
    Possible Returns €606.38

Arsenal: With Anelka coming out saying he fancies Spurs for the PL because chelsea are focusing on european glory and Utd with more or less the same team with an out of form Wayne Rooney.. I think it may finally be Arsenals year.. I believe they will either get Given or Schwarser before the end of the transfer window and maybe another young centre half which means they are in perfect condition to have a right attack on the PL.. Injuries have cost them in recent years and Chamakth will make a huge difference compared to Eduardo in recent years.

Juventus: Rare a team plays well two years running and Inter without Mourinho will not win anything this year.. Benitez is a poor manager and will try and focus on European glory but with Real Madrid and likes around he doesnt stand much of a chance in that either.. Benitez will rest players for the Champions League So I think this leaves an opening for Juventus with Amuari upfront who will cause trouble for any defense and they have good players to bring on like Del Piero and Trezuguet. I think they will come out on top in a very poor league.

Lyon: Lyon always do well in the French League and go far enough in the CL.. They are very consistent and have a good side again this year. With Blanc leaving for the French National Post I will believe they will regain their title

Bayern Munich: They have no real competition for the German Title and with the likes of Robben and Ribery they are certs which is why they are only 4/7 in Boylesports

Real Madrid: Real have always had the players but have always lacked a manager imo.. Mourinho the best in the world should make the most out of Kaka and Ronaldo and make them more solid at the back.. Will be close with them and Barca but I cant see Barca having the same hunger as Madrid.

Would be interested to hear yer opinions

I think your right with Arsenal as they just need two additions, a quality goalkeeper and a cb. If they get them, in my opinion they should be favourites to win it as they midfield and forwards are up there with the best in the league.
    I don't agree with Juventus though as there forwards are ageing with del piero and trezeguet 33+ Inter are favourites and they will face a stiffer challenge from Roma who I believe are the main threats.
    Real Madrid have brough in Carvalho who is one of, if not the best centre back in the worldand that will help help them immensely. I believe they will have much better balance in the centre as they had none last season with the signing of Khedira being a bonus. Too hard to call who will win the league, both great squads.

Advertisement