Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poolbeg & Light house.

Options
  • 30-07-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Its been a while,anyway.

Well glad to to see the Irish weater is holding up to its name,,CRAP:D In fairness it hasnt been a bad winter,,

Any way I was up on the Summit (a great spot fot Photos)Howth,North Co Dublin this morning in between the showers.
    I was looking at the rain clouds and thinking,,,I am so glad I didnt bother with the gear,,Looking down towards Dalkey and back into Dublin Bay,Poolbeg caught my eye and the light house that sits at the end of the wall.

Well I was wondering if you can walk out there ?
    I was thinking how Howth would look from there and you do have the south side as well.A bit off height would be nice but susre we cant have everything,,:rolleyes:
    Can you ?
    Where do you?
    How long,
    Opinions welcome,maybe you have been out to the end,,SHOUT

Thanks, Wreckedhead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

You can indeed walk out to the lighthouse! It's a great walk. You can park on Pigeon House road, and the walk out along the South wall to the lighthouse takes about 15 mins. On a clear day there are stunning views all around from Dun Laoghaire across to Howth. Well recommended! :)

/edit
    The reclaimed headland at Sean Moore park is also a good spot to walk, great views across to the chimneys and the lighthouse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

ive always wanted to go there but keep getting lost! i must google map or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tearaway

Really easy to get to... come from the eastlink bridge on southside to round about... turn twords the water and keep the water on your left... the road twists a bit then onto the road is straight (you driving along side the enterance of the liffey on your left) about two kilometers and you'll see the powerstation in front, when you get to the gates of the power station swing right and follow the road around the back of the station and there it is...

Beautiful walk and great for storm pics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kendall369

Thanks Tearaway for the directions. I wish to go there but don't know the way. This time I definitely go there soon.

Advertisement