Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialects

Options
  • 30-07-2010 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

What dialect is spoken in North Western Heibei provence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Giving its proximity to Beijing (mostly Putonghua dialect) I'd speculate its not far off Mandarin.

Its my experience though that dialects vary even city by city. For example in the south, Taishan speaks its own dialect (even I can tell the difference and I have terrible Chinese language skills) compared to Guangzhou yet both are in the same province.

If you have a specific town or region in mind I'm sure my better half can find out for you if I ask her :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

thanks Supercell, i'm going over to the wudang mountain area of NW Heibei next week, and could be over there from time to time in the future.

Advertisement