Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Union Jack flag needed please.

Options
  • 30-07-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could buy or borrow one of these? It's needed for a fancy dress parade on Sunday. I had one bought on ebay but it hasn't arrived yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

It was nice knowing you.

- Gulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Try the Army Surplus store on lower Cecil street across from where the old ESB building used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

finbarrk wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could buy or borrow one of these? It's needed for a fancy dress parade on Sunday. I had one bought on ebay but it hasn't arrived yet.

prob stopped by customs !!! ....and knowing our "officials" yer prob now on a marked list of potential terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Kess73 wrote: »
    Try the Army Surplus store on lower Cecil street across from where the old ESB building used to be.

Just called them, only our one and the US one for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Just called them, only our one and the US one for sale.

and rightly so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A lot of unecessary Anti British Sentiment in here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Berty wrote: »

Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can probably find some at the iron maiden gig in dublin tonight

well, there'll be one there at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

Berty wrote: »

nothing wrong with an aul flag burning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

what are you dressing up as? an orangeman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If you cannot offer assistance to the OP, then stay out of the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

If the worst comes to the worse... get some paints and make one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

If the worst comes to the worse... get some paints and make one

Did you try the fancy dress place in the parkway I say to be honest be fair hard to get one in Limerick unless a ex pat is around that has one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

it was a genuine question/query.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Actually check out the Argos catalogue... remember seeing a union jack beach towel in it!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Did you know the Union Jack is only 1/3 English? The other thirds are Scottish and Irish and as far as I recall it was first flown in Dublin. So think about this before you get the zippo out, and no, I'm not a Brit.

[SIZE=+1]Quiz Answers EnchantedLearning.com
    [SIZE=+3]The Flag of the United Kingdom[/SIZE] Maps
    Flags [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Flagbig.GIF[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]The flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is sometimes called the Union Jack. This red, white, and blue flag was first used in 1801. [/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]The flag of the UK is a combination of the flags of England (the cross of St. George), Scotland (the cross of St. Andrew), and Ireland (the cross of St. Patrick).

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Flagsequence.GIF[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]
    [/SIZE]

Actually check out the Argos catalogue... remember seeing a union jack beach towel in it!! :)

Thanks Limerick Lass, Argos do have a couple of them. It will do the finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

trad wrote: »
    Did you know the Union Jack is only 1/3 English? The other thirds are Scottish and Irish and as far as I recall it was first flown in Dublin. So think about this before you get the zippo out, and no, I'm not a Brit.

[SIZE=+1]Quiz Answers EnchantedLearning.com
    [SIZE=+3]The Flag of the United Kingdom[/SIZE] Maps
    Flags [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Flagbig.GIF[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]The flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is sometimes called the Union Jack. This red, white, and blue flag was first used in 1801. [/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]The flag of the UK is a combination of the flags of England (the cross of St. George), Scotland (the cross of St. Andrew), and Ireland (the cross of St. Patrick).

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Flagsequence.GIF[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]
    [/SIZE]

True and what age are people that they can get worked over a flag?

Can't imagine you'll get one unless Argos has those towels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

True and what age are people that they can get worked over a flag?

Can't imagine you'll get one unless Argos has those towels.

The Union Jack has nothing to do with this country and is not associated with it.

Sorry meant to reply to TRAD

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

NickDrake wrote: »
    The Union Jack has nothing to do with this country and is not associated with it.

Sorry meant to reply to TRAD

The OP was looking for a flag, not for faux-political diatribe. The next person who drags this thread off topic gets banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If there are any hotels / international tourist spots around just nick one from there (do tourists go to limerick though?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

trad wrote: »

[SIZE=+1]Quiz Answers EnchantedLearning.com[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1][SIZE=+3]The Flag of the United Kingdom[/SIZE] Maps
    Flags [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Flagbig.GIF[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]The flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is sometimes called the Union Jack. This red, white, and blue flag was first used in 1801. [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]The flag of the UK is a combination of the flags of England (the cross of St. George), Scotland (the cross of St. Andrew), and Ireland (the cross of St. Patrick). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Flagsequence.GIF[/SIZE]

Hope insect overlord those not find this political just wanted to point out that the above is very interesting I never realised that.
    plus the cross of St.Patrick I never saw that before was that our flag before the tri-colour ( sorry not a history buff )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

campo wrote: »
    Hope insect overlord those not find this political just wanted to point out that the above is very interesting I never realised that.
    plus the cross of St.Patrick I never saw that before was that our flag before the tri-colour ( sorry not a history buff )

Eh,school? :D

Act of Union 1801?

(they kinda made a big a deal out of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Yeah this is the flag they should burn. The pre 1801 Flag of Great Britain when Ireland was just a colony

Flag of England and Scotland.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

losthorizon infracted and banned for two weeks for incitement to hatred and ignoring repeated warnings on-thread.

@ finbarrk, if you can let us know when you've managed to find a flag, I'll lock this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

A butcher should have one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

There's a guy in Bunratty called Padraig Kennedy, his website is allflags.ie. pm me for his mobile if it's badly needed in a rush, he's a sound guy.

I got the Argos beach towel lads, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

if all the cool kids are getting bans i want one too!!

**** ARGOS!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement