Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lane Dodgems

Options
  • 30-07-2010 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭

I drive the same route every morning for work, and always see the usual crazy driving suspects. But in the last 3 weeks Ive seen the same pale blue VW Tourag with combined with roof rack tyed ladder play lane snakes and ladders to the extreme, ive met him 4 times of this period and everytime he is 'crazy'.

You sir are an as%$£&e of th highest order. I hope you think of your family or children (if you have them) when you undertake over take and shoot into spots just to gain an extra 4 cars spaces. And Im truly hoping you get caught at your dangerous game by one of our traffic corp.

Lets hope your game doesnt come to a disastorous end because you would probably take other people with you.

End. :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Report him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do you know what, I think I will. Il get his reg next time I come up against him. Which im sure will be a matter of days. Unless he is upside down by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

I've seen a guy on the Tallaght bypass a couple of times in a small van up to the same tricks. The back door is a bit bashed in, and the engine is really rough, he's either trashing the fcuk out of it or there is something seriously wrong with it.

I could see him in my mirrors weaving up through single lane traffic, and then he cut in front of me coming up to a red light. With the way traffic is in the morning, by the time we got to Belgard road I was ahead of him with all his messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

listermint wrote: »
    I drive the same route every morning for work, and always see the usual crazy driving suspects. But in the last 3 weeks Ive seen the same pale blue VW Tourag with combined with roof rack tyed ladder play lane snakes and ladders to the extreme, ive met him 4 times of this period and everytime he is 'crazy'.

You sir are an as%$£&e of th highest order. I hope you think of your family or children (if you have them) when you undertake over take and shoot into spots just to gain an extra 4 cars spaces. And Im truly hoping you get caught at your dangerous game by one of our traffic corp.

Lets hope your game doesnt come to a disastorous end because you would probably take other people with you.

End. :mad: :mad:

i saw this guy on the m50 and he was undertaking in the hardshoulder and flying in front of us......i took his reg and reported him it was about two weeks ago and he was flying around i dont no if the gaurds ever did anything but it was still so scary and he was so dangerous! well im nearly sure it was this car light blue vw tourag unless theres more then one out there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

sophie1234 wrote: »
    i saw this guy on the m50 and he was undertaking in the hardshoulder and flying in front of us......i took his reg and reported him it was about two weeks ago and he was flying around i dont no if the gaurds ever did anything but it was still so scary and he was so dangerous! well im nearly sure it was this car light blue vw tourag unless theres more then one out there!!

Was this person heading North or Southbound? If its the same VW tourag i'm sure if enough people keep on reporting him then he will be caught.

I was heading northbound last week and noticed a s40 undertaking and driving in and out of every lane flying along. I noticed a a few minutes later he was pulled in the traffic corp.

• Advertisement

Vanbis wrote: »
    Was this person heading North or Southbound? If its the same VW tourag i'm sure if enough people keep on reporting him then he will be caught.

I was heading northbound last week and noticed a s40 undertaking and driving in and out of every lane flying along. I noticed a a few minutes later he was pulled in the traffic corp.

i was (and him) heading north bound just before barrier free toll i turned off after the toll so dont know if anything was done but none the less i had to report him because i didnt want to see someones elses life at risk because of this mqanic driver!:mad:

He comes on at carrickmines and heads on passed tallaght north bound. Its also has a business address on the back. Some construction crowd. Im sure he has cut up many people because he does it for the 12 Km i see him every morning. But for all his weaving in and out it gets him now where.

Im surprised he hasnt copped that it gets him only 4-5 cars ahead of where he was :confused:

Will get his reg next time and work from there. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I can understand his frustration but it is dangerous what he's doing. Then again, if people in the overtaking lane kept the flow of traffic continous and actually overtook, he wouldn't have to or be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

sophie1234 wrote: »
    i took his reg and reported him it was about two weeks ago and he was flying around i dont no if the gaurds ever did anything but it was still so scary and he was so dangerous!

Was it the Gardai confidential line you reported him to sophie1234. A laden artic truck came up behind me once and started flashing the lights to intimidate me into moving over for him. I said to myself sod you buster and held the road and as I was doing 60mph also. He proceeded to overtake me a while later on continuious white lines. Got his reg and rang the Gardai confidential line that evening but was told at least five calls would need to be received before any action would be taken. Seems a wee bit pointless in retrospect as I'm sure different drivers would be driving the same truck in haulage firms and conversly so the same driver would be driving different trucks. But then again I'm not fully sure of the way these guys operate.

Another thing I've noticed a lot of lately is drivers breaking red lights. It would seem amber lights are more a warning to speed up and get past before they go red or not too long after as opossed to a warning to slow up and pull up. Then again maybe its being happening all along but I'm only noticing it more of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

trucks are limited to 90km/h.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

corktina wrote: »

In theory, not always in practice. Many a time I've been behind a truck on the M50 matching speed at 105kmh by my speedo, which has a tendency to overread by 5%, making the trucks speed at least 99kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Ring a Garda station nearby, I saw a BMW undertaking on the hard shoulder several times before on the N7, I rang the Gards in Naas and sure enough when I was passing through there was traffic corp everywhere.
    It might seem ok, until someone is killed or injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

As I say my speedometer was reading 60mph, so it was either badly out or this particular artic was not limited, or a combination thereoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This always happens on the N7 from Newlands cross to the M7 - its crazy!

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I can understand his frustration but it is dangerous what he's doing. Then again, if people in the overtaking lane kept the flow of traffic continous and actually overtook, he wouldn't have to or be able to do it.

Well in fairness when most lanes of traffic are near capacity at that hour of the morning and the overtaking lane is 20 cars full all going at speed he has no case for it. and neither do you for advocating that behavior. So no i cant understand his frustration as everyone is his the same position. Who is he to take risks with my surroundings and drive reg close to my car when there is clearly no room for maneuver .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Not all trucks are limited.

Was it the Gardai confidential line you reported him to sophie1234. A laden artic truck came up behind me once and started flashing the lights to intimidate me into moving over for him. I said to myself sod you buster and held the road and as I was doing 60mph also. He proceeded to overtake me a while later on continuious white lines. Got his reg and rang the Gardai confidential line that evening but was told at least five calls would need to be received before any action would be taken. Seems a wee bit pointless in retrospect as I'm sure different drivers would be driving the same truck in haulage firms and conversly so the same driver would be driving different trucks. But then again I'm not fully sure of the way these guys operate.

Another thing I've noticed a lot of lately is drivers breaking red lights. It would seem amber lights are more a warning to speed up and get past before they go red or not too long after as opossed to a warning to slow up and pull up. Then again maybe its being happening all along but I'm only noticing it more of late.

no i rang a local station who where very thankful i turned off shortly after that but they had the reg and make and model of the car so it was left up to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

listermint wrote: »
    Well in fairness when most lanes of traffic are near capacity at that hour of the morning and the overtaking lane is 20 cars full all going at speed he has no case for it. and neither do you for advocating that behavior. So no i cant understand his frustration as everyone is his the same position. Who is he to take risks with my surroundings and drive reg close to my car when there is clearly no room for maneuver .

I'm not advocating his behaviour at all. It's really dangerous in rush hour traffic. The problem is people just sit in the overtaking lane even in rush hour traffic. If they were all overtaking those in the driving lane as it should be, he would not be able to dodge lanes like that.

Advertisement