Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking Space

Options
  • 30-07-2010 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Recently i've moved into a appartment, we've a underground carpark and appartments have allocated spaces.

Now the appartment in question has been vacant for some time and sombody has decided to put a Nissan Primera in my space and appers to have abandoned it.

Question is where do i go from here? I've left a note on the window to tell the owner of the car that the car is sombodys allocated space.

So dont know where to go from here, whats my options on this? Cant tell the council to come and move it as its on private land and doesnt need to be taxed or insured??

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

I Was VB wrote: »
    Recently i've moved into a appartment, we've a underground carpark and appartments have allocated spaces.

Now the appartment in question has been vacant for some time and sombody has decided to put a Nissan Primera in my space and appers to have abandoned it.

Question is where do i go from here? I've left a note on the window to tell the owner of the car that the car is sombodys allocated space.

So dont know where to go from here, whats my options on this? Cant tell the council to come and move it as its on private land and doesnt need to be taxed or insured??

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

I'm no expert and i'm open to correction, but if someone was to remove the registration plates of said abandoned vehicle and call the council's abandoned vehicles section, would said council remove said vehicle from said parking space?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I'm no expert and i'm open to correction, but if someone was to remove the registration plates of said abandoned vehicle and call the council's abandoned vehicles section, would said council remove said vehicle from said parking space?

I know its the way when the car is on public roads, not so sure about private land, the car hasnt moved since i've been here tho it has a insurance disc untill 2011 and taxed till August, no NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

I Was VB wrote: »
    I know its the way when the car is on public roads, not so sure about private land, the car hasnt moved since i've been here tho it has a insurance disc untill 2011 and taxed till August, no NCT.

I'd get on to the estate management for starters, especially if its allocated to your apartment. If you have no luck with them, see what the council think anyway, after that maybe calling the Gardai is in order, especially if the car has no NCT, they might at least get in touch with the owner and tell them to shift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭Tefral

If your stuck, get two trolley jacks put one under the front axel and put the other under the back axel. Jack it up so that the wheels are bearly off the ground so that if it does rock it cant tip over and with a mate pull the vehicle out of your space.

Youd think it would be hard and it will be to start but the wheels on a trolley jack are tiny and are easy to turn so once you get a bit of movement it doesnt take much to keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

are you sure its your space ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Definitely talk to the management company. Moving the car yourself should be an absolute last resort.

On private land? How would you like it if the car parked in your driveway was taken away because some eejit had stolen the plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think you'll end up having to do the rounds of all of the other apartments door to door to find a resolution. Using the management company may be too slow to get a result.
    If you do jack it up to move it as suggested here I think it would work, however where could you move it to anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you're renting, then make it the landlords problem.

Advertisement