Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dirving test/learner permit

Options
  • 30-07-2010 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Trying to apply for driving test online. mandatory field is 'driver number' off the learner permit. cant get learner permit until I have a receipt to say I booked a test. so what do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Gardoggle wrote: »
    Trying to apply for driving test online. mandatory field is 'driver number' off the learner permit. cant get learner permit until I have a receipt to say I booked a test. so what do I do?

Why should you be applying for the test without a learner permit? You have to wait 6 months from receiving the learner permit before you can take the driving test. I think you are totally confused about the process. See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Gardoggle

i was talkin to a nice lady in the motor tax office who said that because its my third prov license i have to show them that ive booked a test, but i cant book a test without a driver number, didnt cop it today when i was listening to her.. yes i am confused!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Gardoggle wrote: »
    i was talkin to a nice lady in the motor tax office who said that because its my third prov license i have to show them that ive booked a test, but i cant book a test without a driver number, didnt cop it today when i was listening to her.. yes i am confused!!

Get a number from your previous provisional (i think it's called learner's permit)

i handed in my last provo license when i got my full motorbike license and didnt ask for a provisional category to be put on it then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

The number remains the same on all of your driving licences as far as I know. Use the one off your previous expired licence to apply for the test. Once you receive the test confirmation through the post, then get your new licence.

• Advertisement

rang the dept this morning, after 10mins they answered the phone, yes Monkeypants you're right its the same number on all licenses, so i just have to take the driver number off my bike license and i'm good.
    thanks for the contributions to my little problem!

Advertisement