Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking ticket while in the car

Options
  • 29-07-2010 9:46pm

Evening all, quick question, can the council give me a parking ticket while I was asleep in my car? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

If your parked in a place you shouldn't be or haven't payed for a ticket then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I would assume so, yes. If your car is stopped with the engine off then youre parked, even if youre still in it! You would hope common sense would mean that a friendly knock on the window asking you to move on would be in order, then again if you were asleep maybe he got sick of trying to wake you!

Ok cheers lads, said i'd ask anyway, big shock when i woke up from my snooze to see a ticket on the windscreen! Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Good night was it:D

Hootanany wrote: »
    Good night was it:D

Read me like a book! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

I know personally a fella who was "done" by the guards for being asleep in his car because he was in the drivers seat so count yourself lucky, although all he got was a fine. but it was a bit extreme if you ask me but trafficwardens are notorious for being ****!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

I know personally a fella who was "done" by the guards for being asleep in his car because he was in the drivers seat so count yourself lucky, although all he got was a fine. but it was a bit extreme if you ask me but trafficwardens are notorious for being ****!:D

Bit extreme- just have a job to do

were the key's in the ignition? was he drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

... trafficwardens are notorious for being ****!:D

The mods must have got a parking ticket and share your view, otherwise you'd be banned for a post like that! Now I might be banned for posting about a mod issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It's not illegal to sleep in the driver's seat (or any other seat) if you're legally parked and not under the influence of an intoxicant. This tale sounds more like the fella was sleeping off a night's drinking and had the car keys within reach in which case he was probably done for being in control of a car while intoxicated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Wheelnut wrote: »
    The mods must have got a parking ticket and share your view, otherwise you'd be banned for a post like that! Now I might be banned for posting about a mod issue!

Hmmm they'd best ban you both to be safe :P Shlt now I'm back seat modding !!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

slimjimmc wrote: »
    This tale sounds more like the fella was sleeping off a night's drinking and had the car keys within reach in which case he was probably done for being in control of a car while intoxicated.

It's a parking ticket, not a drunk-in-charge case! (slipped this in before I'm banned)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Theres a traffic warden down my way with the nickname Sneakers cos he hides in door ways or behind vans etc while his writing the ticket then slaps it on the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Theres a traffic warden down my way with the nickname Sneakers cos he hides in door ways or behind vans etc while his writing the ticket then slaps it on the window.

jaysus, he must be on commission!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

...but trafficwardens are notorious for being ****!:D

It's one of those jobs - the better they are at their job, the less people like them.
    Please leave a little less tar on your brush in future. Thanks.

Maybe we just weren't online at 10pm last night... :rolleyes:

Report the post if you've an issue with it. Please don't back-seat moderate.

Hmmm they'd best ban you both to be safe :P Shlt now I'm back seat modding !!!!:eek:

Yup! :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

soadtool wrote: »
    jaysus, he must be on commission!!
    Watched a program on traffic wardens in London and they are encouraged to reach a set target amount of tickets issued daily.
    Think our friendly wardens are on a wage.

Advertisement