Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My damn car wont start

Options
  • 29-07-2010 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

so it wont, so it wont. and i need it in the morning!
    it trys to start when i turn the key but it wont. i had been noticing lately that there was a noise coming from the engine that sounding like it was powering down when i took my foot off the accelerator but there hasnt been any power problems at the same time!
    anyone have any suggestions? any wire i can fiddle with to get it going!
    its a megane 02 1.4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Vanhalla wrote: »
    any suggestions?

Matches.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you need a mechanic..could be something simple

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

More then likely a fuse has gone.

Car wouldn't start a while back because the fuse for the back lights was gone, you normally have a few spare anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

have you tried push/jump starting it or just with the key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

yeah didnt try push starting it yet. will give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 murphymad

My girlfriend had a megane which we had trouble with an 05 model it was the connections to the fuel pump which broke they had to replace them-make sure if they check it that they don't replace the fuel pump if its just the connections to it that are faulty- we did notice a whirring sound on deceleration alright but no loss of power it could be the same thing- apparently meganes are notorious for electrical faults we ended up getting rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Check the battery connection.
    Check your fuses, if all good, put the key in and turn to start.
    Listen to hear the pump running.

How has the car being behaving lately,
    When was the car last serviced, check the spark plugs,
    maybe give them a clean, put back in and retry.
    Do you have and engine warning lights staying on in the dash.

Advertisement