Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol in a Diesel

Options
  • 29-07-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Having a very stressful week, so I put a little petrol in my car today I'd say about 2 - 3 liters about 3 - 4 seconds before I copped on, there was already a good bit of diesel in it - up to the first mark on the gauge and I put more diesel in up to about middle of the gauge, had to drive home and it was fine but should I brim it now or get the tank emptied.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Having a very stressful week, so I put a little petrol in my car today I'd say about 2 - 3 liters about 3 - 4 seconds before I copped on, there was already a good bit of diesel in it - up to the first mark on the gauge and I put more diesel in up to about middle of the gauge, had to drive home and it was fine but should I brim it now or get the tank emptied.

I would brim it so there is a greater mix of diesel in the engine. say you put 3 litres in a normal 60 litre tank is 5% mix of petrol which should be ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Used to be no problem, you could put up to 20% petrol with diesel in winter to stop your fuel solidifying, wouldn't have been a problem here since it only happens at below -20C. That was before winter diesel and modern injection systems with touchy and prissy ECU's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dont worry about it if it was only 3 or 4 litres. Just fill it with diesel.

Advertisement