Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bust wing mirror

Options
  • 29-07-2010 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

so my wing mirror is bust. i can clip it back on but the mechanism behind the mirror wont let me adjust it so it's just point at the ground. the mirror is cracked too.

i know i could buy a replacement one but grg will fleece me.

i know i could go to a scrap yard but not really feeling up to such things.

would i pickup some sorta stick on mirror in halfords or something?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Not sure what grg is.

Suggest you buy off ebay. We have bought about five (over the years) mirrors for various Ford Galaxies. All for under 100 euro which is much less than the main dealer price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

having trouble finding anything on ebay. it's an opel corsa eco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

looking on partfinder.ie there are about a dozen all around the country , ring them up i doubt they are mad expensive

had never heard of that website. looks promising. have sent off an email. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

have u tried micksgarage.ie great for that sort of stuff....

or try your own local breakers yards

• Advertisement

my wing mirror clips back on but the mechanism is all broken and the mirror cant be adjusted (not even by pushing it with your fingers). so i basically need the bit that clips into the door of the car and the glass etc.

will this do the job?
    http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?pid=894554&pk=EE1AE

i really need to post a photo dont i?

thats your mirror complete not a bad deal just clip off the surround for the adjuster and just a couple of screws a two minute job , you will have to clen and polish the rest of the car so the mirror doesnt look out of place

the car is so battered and bruised as it is that i really dont care what it looks like. i just want functionality.

mirrors are kind of important , you could dirty the mirror it might be easier

Advertisement