Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia : North Korea did not sink the ship

Options
  • 29-07-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

There are reports coming out on the news that North Korea was no the cause for the sinking of the South Korean ship.

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2923819

Think America and South Korea where trying to start a war? "maybe for more land to be given to the south?"

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Originally Posted by Brown Bomber View Post
    Naive is thinking North Korea sank the Cheonan. Bet you do, do you?
    If the shoe fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Audiomad

No I'm one person who was supporting North Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Audiomad wrote: »

What do you support? A nation that spends over 20% of it's GDP on military expenditure (versus 4% for the USA) while millions of it's people starve to death and live in fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

At least you got one half of your username right;)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Ah yes, because Russia has a history of honesty.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What do you support? A nation that spends over 20% of it's GDP on military expenditure (versus 4% for the USA) while millions of it's people starve to death and live in fear.

No I supported them saying they had nothing to do with the sinking, we don't need another war in the world where more Innocent people die.

Boards.ie is full of people who have nothing better to do than criticize everyone else on the site, whats wrong with people!!!

Ah yes, because Russia has a history of honesty.

What America, England, Germany, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Ireland have a history of honesty?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well if 1 random Internet news paper say's so then it must be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

No I supported them saying they had nothing to do with the sinking

no you didnt.You said and I quote:

no you didnt.You said and I quote:

because you took it out of context with the original post!
    Well if 1 random Internet news paper say's so then it must be true.

Try the media and the Russian Military.

• Advertisement

What America, England, Germany, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Ireland have a history of honesty?

Ah yes, so let's automatically believe Russia yes?

Ah yes, so let's automatically believe Russia yes?

What you want to believe America? The same country that has done nothing but kill since their creation!

Have you not heard the latest news either about Wikileaks 90,000 documents? another 15,000 to be released that relate to war crimes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

because you took it out of context with the original post!

Try the media and the Russian Military.

Show me the military reports and not a web site that quotes "Military insiders".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

There are reports coming out on the news that North Korea was no the cause for the sinking of the South Korean ship.

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2923819

Think America and South Korea where trying to start a war? "maybe for more land to be given to the south?"

ehhh last paragraph of that article...

A group of Russian scientists visited South Korea between May 31 to June 7 as a part of the Russian investigation into the Cheonan tragedy. A spokesman of the Russian Embassy in Seoul also told the JoongAng Ilbo that the Russian government has yet to inform Seoul of the result of its investigation.

What you want to believe America? The same country that has done nothing but kill since their creation!

Have you not heard the latest news either about Wikileaks 90,000 documents? another 15,000 to be released that relate to war crimes!!!

I'm not saying I was to believe anyone, I'll form my own opinions.
    But has Russia not being doing the same thing as America(in your thoughts) since it's inception? What has Russia done to gain your trust?

I'm not saying I was to believe anyone, I'll form my own opinions.
    But has Russia not being doing the same thing as America(in your thoughts) since it's inception? What has Russia done to gain your trust?

What have they done not to gain my trust? they don't run around the world killing and blaming it on terrorists!!! as the reason they killed 1,000,000 Iraqi's

FFS Russia was forced to investigate because North Korea were refused and the "official" investigation was full of holes.

Anyone who just doesn't buy the American bull**** of warmonger Clinton and her "irrefutable proof" would easily see past the deception. Unfortunately and apparently most people seem to be incapable of any critical thoughts of their own.

This should clear things up for you a little. For those with short attention spans follow the bold text
    The White House
    Office of the Press Secretary
    For Immediate Release
    July 09, 2010

Statement on the UN Security Council Presidential Statement on the Cheonan

Today’s UN Security Council Presidential statement condemns the attack by North Korea on the Cheonan and warns North Korea that the international community will not tolerate such aggressive behavior against the Republic of Korea. The unanimous statement, reflecting the shared view of the 5 members of the Six-Party Talks, constitutes an endorsement of the findings of the Joint Investigative Group that established North Korea’s responsibility for the attack. We commend the Republic of Korea’s restraint in the face of North Korean belligerence and reiterate our unwavering commitment to the defense of South Korea. This statement increases North Korea's international isolation, which includes the strongest sanctions that it has ever faced through UNSC Resolution 1874, as the international community continues to make clear the cost that comes with North Korea's provocative behavior.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/statement-un-security-council-presidential-statement-cheonan

This is the UN statement the White House refers to:
    (Reuters) - Following is the full text of a U.N. Security Council presidential statement adopted on Friday on the sinking of the South Korean naval corvette Cheonan on March 26:

The Security Council notes the letter dated 4 June 2010 from the Permanent Representative of the Republic of Korea (ROK) to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2010/281), and the letter dated 8 June 2010 from the Permanent Representative of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2010/294).

The Security Council deplores the attack on 26 March 2010 which led to the sinking of the ROK naval ship, the Cheonan, resulting in the tragic loss of 46 lives.

The Security Council determines that such an incident endangers peace and security in the region and beyond.

The Security Council deplores the loss of life and injuries and expresses its deep sympathy and condolences to the victims and their families and to the people and Government of the ROK, and calls for appropriate and peaceful measures to be taken against those responsible for the incident aimed at the peaceful settlement of the issue in accordance with the UN Charter and all relevant provisions of international law.

In view of the findings of the Joint Civilian-Military Investigation Group led by the ROK with the participation of five nations, which concluded that the DPRK was responsible for sinking the Cheonan, the Security Council expresses its deep concern.

The Security Council takes note of the responses from other relevant parties, including from the DPRK, which has stated that it had nothing to do with the incident.

Therefore, the Security Council condemns the attack which led to the sinking of the Cheonan.

The Security Council underscores the importance of preventing further such attacks or hostilities against the ROK or in the region.

The Security Council welcomes the restraint shown by the ROK and stresses the importance of maintaining peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula and in northeast Asia as a whole.

The Security Council calls for full adherence to the Korean Armistice Agreement and encourages the settlement of outstanding issues on the Korean peninsula by peaceful means to resume direct dialogue and negotiation through appropriate channels as early as possible, with a view to avoiding conflicts and averting escalation."

The Security Council reaffirms the importance that all Member States uphold the purposes and the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
    (End text)
    http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-50016020100709

What have they done not to gain my trust? they don't run around the world killing and blaming it on terrorists!!! as the reason they killed 1,000,000 Iraqi's

Are you ****ing kidding me?! Russia has an insane trend of Muslim persecution! Also, Chechyna? Georgia? I mean, come on...

@Brown Bomber

Who leads the UN? : America
    Who gave the report? : America
    reuters is a company based in which country? : America

What if America got it wrong? wouldn't be the first time! it may not have even been a torpedo : have you seen the pictures of the Torpedo? its rusted its decades old, Russia is stating it was a mine.

Are you ****ing kidding me?! Russia has an insane trend of Muslim persecution! Also, Chechyna? Georgia? I mean, come on...

Georgia was the one who started the conflict! Muslim persecution have you not read the European headlines yet Muslim women are being banned from wearing the vail a tradition for all Muslims.
    Chechyna

why don't you tell me about Chechnya.

• Advertisement

@Brown Bomber

Who leads the UN? : America
    Who gave the report? : America
    reuters is a company based in which country? : America

What if America got it wrong? wouldn't be the first time! it may not have even been a torpedo : have you seen the pictures of the Torpedo? its rusted its decades old, Russia is stating it was a mine.

Think you misunderstood me. I'm with you on this :) The UN report contradicts the White House release and exposes it for the pack of lies that it is.

The UN actually says "the have deep concern" with the findings of the findings of the "international" investigative team.

Think you misunderstood me. I'm with you on this :) The UN report contradicts the White House release and exposes it for the pack of lies that it is.

The UN actually says "the have deep concern" with the findings of the findings of the "international" investigative team.

Sorry thought you where backing up America :P, tho it gives others reason not to believe America ;)

Georgia was the one who started the conflict!

Are you kidding me?... I mean really?
    Muslim persecution have you not read the European headlines yet Muslim women are being banned from wearing the vail a tradition for all Muslims.

How is this relevant in any way?
    why don't you tell me about Chechnya.

First Chechen War? Second Chechen War?

Are you kidding me?... I mean really?
    South Ossetia wanted independence from Georgia, Georgia sent in troops to quail the uprising starting what was called the 7 day war. If it was America going to save them it would have been the 7 year war.

How is this relevant in any way?
    You blame Russia for the persecution of Muslims its happening around you!!!
    First Chechen War? Second Chechen War?

How did they start?

You're completely ignoring decades of history, just starting at an arbitrary point and going from there.

Anyway, it's irrelevant to my point. Why should the Russian military be trusted over the US and South Korean? There is no reason at all, except in the attempt to find evidence for a conspiracy.

You're completely ignoring decades of history, just starting at an arbitrary point and going from there.

Tell me the history if your so sure of it!
    Anyway, it's irrelevant to my point. Why should the Russian military be trusted over the US and South Korean? There is no reason at all, except in the attempt to find evidence for a conspiracy.

This is America your talking about, your ignoring decades of history.

Because Russia have no Pro North Korean Agenda.

last year Russian condemned North Korea's nuclear test
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/25/AR2009052501672.html

So why wouldn't they do the same now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Because Russia have no Pro North Korean Agenda.

last year Russian condemned North Korea's nuclear test
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/25/AR2009052501672.html

So why wouldn't they do the same now?
    Is that kind of like the way the US says it invaded Iraq for good reasons? Could they possibly just be lying?

humanji wrote: »
    Is that kind of like the way the US says it invaded Iraq for good reasons? Could they possibly just be lying?

They all could be lying. I wouldn't place any great deal of trust in the Russians.

What I would say though is that the findings of the "international investigation" which in reality was something like 75/85 South Koreans and just Candian(s) American(s), Australian(s) and British. There was one Swede on the periphery but he was criticised in the media here for being completely on the periphery. So it was dominated by an American proxy South Korea with assistance from the US and friends. Hardly international.

Anyway, the evidence against North Korea is virtually non-existent based on the international teams final report.

• Advertisement
Advertisement