Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chestnutt holiday parks, Co. Down?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Has anyone stayed in any of these? All our usual haunts booked up for this weekend, so might venture up North. Have been to Kilbroney before and another awful place whose name escapes me, but we would like a seaside location. Driving from Dublin and don't want a huge drive either. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

We stayed in one of them, cant rem which one but it is one of the ones near Kilkeel. It was very nice and well ran, clean and loads of kids around (dont know whether that is a plus or a minus). THink it was expensive but cant remember. There are plenty of campsites in that area, a site for the north is www.pitchup.com

Happy long weekend everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Have you tried Tollymore Forest Park.

Lovely spot, lots of space and the nearby village of Newcastle is lovely in itself with a nice seafront walk, a nice municipal park and some lovely small cafes.

Has become a regular visit for us.

http://www.forestserviceni.gov.uk/index/forests-in-northern-ireland/forests-in-the-east-region/tollymore-forest-park/camping-and-caravanning-at-tollymore-forest-park.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

face2face wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in any of these? All our usual haunts booked up for this weekend, so might venture up North. Have been to Kilbroney before and another awful place whose name escapes me, but we would like a seaside location. Driving from Dublin and don't want a huge drive either. Thanks in advance.

What did you find awful about Kilbroney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

I didn't find Kilbroney awful, it was the other place I didn't like. Couldn't remember the name of it, but it was actually the Share Holiday village - what a dump!

Advertisement