Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone network charges

Options
  • 29-07-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have an unlocked HTC Desire coming in the post (hopefully). I'm currently on a vodafone Pay Monthly plan with no specific Data Service.
    Due to one thing and another, I can't change the Vodafone plan I'm on. If I just leave the HTC access 3G and GPRS whenever it likes, what kind of bills am I likely to add up?
    I would class myself as a heavy internet user, I'd like the phone to monitor a couple of email addresses, my facebook account, and I will most likely go nuts downloading and installing apps...
    Am I going to have to "assume the position" for Vodafone? Any advice??

Knucks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Big bills. You will be charged for each KB sent/received. My advice is to add on a 1GB data add on asap.

knucks wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have an unlocked HTC Desire coming in the post (hopefully). I'm currently on a vodafone Pay Monthly plan with no specific Data Service.
    Due to one thing and another, I can't change the Vodafone plan I'm on. If I just leave the HTC access 3G and GPRS whenever it likes, what kind of bills am I likely to add up?
    I would class myself as a heavy internet user, I'd like the phone to monitor a couple of email addresses, my facebook account, and I will most likely go nuts downloading and installing apps...
    Am I going to have to "assume the position" for Vodafone? Any advice??

Knucks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭knucks

Ya, that's what I was thinking. Didn't they used to have a daily charge for data, if you had no Service Plan? Was it like €1 a day or something? What happened that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Sorry my mistake. If you use the live access point then the charge is 99cent per day with a max of 50mB per day. If you use the ISP access point then its per kB.

knucks wrote: »
    Ya, that's what I was thinking. Didn't they used to have a daily charge for data, if you had no Service Plan? Was it like €1 a day or something? What happened that?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭knucks

Aha, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. €30 a month for ~1.5 gigs I might be able to live with... Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

If you can do the data add-on, it would be worth it. I found when using the live APN that web pages don't render very well, and I'm not sure if it's as quick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement