Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which network is best for iPhone4

Options
  • 29-07-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering what phone network you think is best for the new iPhone?

3 have the best value deal and i was wondering what other people thought...(219 for the phone 18 month contracts for 40 euro a month!)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Three may have the best prices, but by all accounts have terrible customer service. Also there is complaints of network issues on it too, on this very forum.
    Perhaps they will improved, but i would go for o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Im having this dilemma too.

Im currently PAYG with VF, and im pretty sure i will have an Ip4 tomorrow from them if i want it, so will be able to choose the current payment plan.
    But now im wondering if i'll just wait for 02 to start selling to new customers and switch over to them. :confused:

I dont think 3 will be an option for me, even with their good prices, cos i think their coverage will be rubbish where i am.
    My VF dongle had pretty rubbish 3G, so im thinking do i really want to get held into a 12-18mth contract with them if the iphone is going to have the same issues!

Whats the cheapest plan on O2 anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

O2 for now arent selling to people not on there network but the cheapest will be:
    12 months-369 for 16gb and 469 for 32gb
    18 months-259 for 16gb and 359 for 32gb

heres the link http://www.o2online.ie/shop/phones/iphone/iphone-4/

So the 3 network isnt that good? thats crap! :(

Yeah, i know O2 are only selling to existing customers first, fair play to them i say.
    And to be honest i dont mind waiting another few weeks for the iphone, but what i am afraid of is if VF or O2 are the best options for my area, and O2 coverage turns out to be bad, and ive let this iPhone with VF go, that i wont have the option to sign up to their current price plan when they do eventually get more stock. :(

And i have less than 24hrs to make up my mind! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So the 3 network isnt that good? thats crap! :(

all depends where u are..it's excellent in limerick so i'm happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I wrote a blog post about my iPhone 4 on 3. Check it out here.

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Yeah, i know O2 are only selling to existing customers first, fair play to them i say.
    And to be honest i dont mind waiting another few weeks for the iphone, but what i am afraid of is if VF or O2 are the best options for my area, and O2 coverage turns out to be bad, and ive let this iPhone with VF go, that i wont have the option to sign up to their current price plan when they do eventually get more stock. :(

And i have less than 24hrs to make up my mind! :(

If i had the money i would go with vodafone, they are becoming pretty powerful in Ireland regards telphone/internet. They will put the money in to improving there services etc. My dad has a O2 dongle and he cant get it to work in the house, it only work in the city or if hes lucky he might get a signal outside! we have Vodafone internet and its much improved since they took over from BT.

[EMAIL="Sc@recrow"]Sc@recrow[/EMAIL]: I live in Cork so thats not that far from Limerick! Thanks :)

fbradyirl wrote: »

Thanks that was really helful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Thanks that was really helful :)

No probs :)

fbradyirl wrote: »

Very helpful post, thanks.

how much was your iphone in the UK? and its unlocked yeah? Would the ones in belfast be the same? i think i like that idea, as i have wifi at home too, so a data add on would probably be grand for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 prince5325

The company decided to price its 24-month contract handsets higher than the 18-month contracts, a fact that has confused many. As a result, its 18-month, £40 contract is the most appealing as it offers 600 minutes, 500MB data and reasonable handset prices (16 GB for £119, 32GB for £229).

Advertisement