Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the Waves CLA the best Compressor Emulators ?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

I've been mucking about with the Waves CLA Compressors - emulations of the 1176 (Blue and Black) LA2 and LA3.

They sound good on everything !

Are they the best emulations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I've been mucking about with the Waves CLA Compressors - emulations of the 1176 (Blue and Black) LA2 and LA3.

Give us a free licence for them and I will tell ya!!:D

I have heard that they are pretty fantastic. I would like to know how they compare to the UAD versions. I am very pleased with those however the lack of portabilty to other studios is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

Yeah I watched those the other day and (as much as you can tell off youtube) they seem tasty. I especially like the blue 1176. Don't think they are overly expensive either (for native version).

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

I prefer the Softube FET Compressor to his 1176.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i use softube and cla at work and softube and UAD at home. all differant flavours but all sound amazing to my ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

teamdresch wrote: »
    I prefer the Softube FET Compressor to his 1176.

Really ? I thought it was pretty nondescript , no ?

I like the Softube Tubetech though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Robin Ball

PaulBrewer wrote: »

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I've got an Original LA-2a and Rev D 1176 and I've A/B them against the CLA stuff and the hardware nudges out as you'd expect but having said that the CLA stuff if great and wasn't beaten by much. Been using them quite extensively in my mixing. Just gots to turn off the Analog settings sometimes, tends to build up on the mix if your not careful...

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Just bought these for €225 from plugindiscounts.com.
    40% promo plus that website's usual cheap prices= bargain.
    Tony Belmont <tony@highprofileaudio.com>
    He will send you a paypal link if you mail him and he will deposit licence to your ilok account.
    They certainly are the best ITB compressors.
    Maybe Paul Brewer can match that price too.

Advertisement