Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Greasing a Starter Motor Help

Options
  • 29-07-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hey I've a Mazda 323f 1997 , The Starter Motor's been screaming for a week or so and ive decided i might give try and Dis-assemble Clean and re-grease it myself , Not having much experience tinkering with cars , (im a computer guy) I was wondering if anyones attempted or knows how tough it would be to do? I'd probably end up recording it all incase I mess up and need to re-assemble it!

Thanks
    Paps

Comments

Sure it's not the alternator belt that is screaming ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

It'll only cost ya fifty quid to get it reconditioned lad! dont go messin with it if ya dont know what ur doin it'll end up costin ya more! is it when you turn the key yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

nah I'm almost Certain its the starter pinion! Yeah Was Quoted 40 quid to get it done , was just wondering if its handy enough to do and save some dosh! yeah its just as the car starts it kinda screeches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Didn't know there was any grease in a starter. Is the pinion in the solenoid ?

Advertisement