Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtech cs350 big problem

Options
  • 29-07-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Yesterday when my girlfriend came home the inside alarm was ringing
    (it wasn't even set) when that was turned off the outside alarm went
    off and has being doing so on and of since.
    The screen on the panel is blank (green back light on,no writing) it has a green light (power) and orange (!) I turned of the mains but it just starts
    buzzing (same buzz as if you were setting it)
    I put in codes 1278,1234 and 1010.Nothing happened.
    Also the lights that were on the outside alarm box are gone off but stiil
    keeps ringing.
    Anyway of just turning the whole system off?Don't want to keep the
    neighbours awake another night.
    Thanks.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

You should power the alarm down and see if that brings the keypad back on. You will need to see what it is saying to see the fault. As always when working with electricity turn off the mains, open the panel and disconnect the back up battery. Wait 20 seconds, reconnect the battery. Put the lid back on before turning on the mains. Let us know what it says on the keypad if it comes back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've seen this happen a few times and on all of those occasions I have had to replace the board.
    The voltage regulator on the board can go faulty resulting in low voltage at the keypad. As a consequence the charging voltage for the battery drops which usually kills the battery.
    Rebooting may solve the problem but it may only be temporary

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

Disconnected the battery then reconnected it but
    no power at all going to the alarm.
    Would the battery be dead or can it be charged?

tony231974 wrote: »
    Disconnected the battery then reconnected it but
    no power at all going to the alarm.
    Would the battery be dead or can it be charged?

Yes it would, does the keypad come back on when you turn the mains back on ?

altor wrote: »
    Yes it would, does the keypad come back on when you turn the mains back on ?

No the keypad doesn't come on.Just came home and the inside alarm
    was ringing.Had to disconnect the battery again.

• Advertisement

Sounds like what I posted above unless some of the fuses have blown

No the keypad doesn't come on.Just came home and the inside alarm
    was ringing.Had to disconnect the battery again.

You are going to have to get an installer to have a look at it for you, there are a lot of things that could be causing your issues with the alarm.

Insist on no fix no fee before they come out.

I know of one company that charged €180 to call out to the same fault that you have and leave without fixing her fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jnealon wrote: »
    Insist on no fix no fee before they come out.

I know of one company that charged €180 to call out to the same fault that you have and leave without fixing her fault.

What if the panel is fcuked, you can't expect him to cover the cost of replacing the panel with an initial call out charge.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally the charge if any would depend on the time spent trying to fix a system.
    • Quick look , no working her's a quote for replacing to get it going- No Charge
    • Tell customer I could try get it working call is €xx
    • Get it going after above, quote for upgrade also. If upgraded will deduct call out off price.

• Advertisement

What if the panel is fcuked, you can't expect him to cover the cost of replacing the panel with an initial call out charge.

You read his post wrong ;)

You just have to get as much info as possible from the customer when they call you and then explain all the options to them.
    I have never been called out to a domestic repair that I couldn't repair on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have never been called out to a domestic repair that I couldn't repair on the spot.

You must carry an awful lot of spares my friend.

Yes I do, a ridiculous amount

• Registered Users Posts: 13 abes216

I think default the panel using jumper would help, but you have to program the system again.

abes216 wrote: »
    I think default the panel using jumper would help, but you have to program the system again.

I think he has more issues with the panel so defaulting and reprogramming wont solve his problem. Best thing he can do is get an engineer to have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

Yesterday when my girlfriend came home the inside alarm was ringing
    (it wasn't even set) when that was turned off the outside alarm went
    off and has being doing so on and of since.
    The screen on the panel is blank (green back light on,no writing) it has a green light (power) and orange (!) I turned of the mains but it just starts
    buzzing (same buzz as if you were setting it)
    I put in codes 1278,1234 and 1010.Nothing happened.
    Also the lights that were on the outside alarm box are gone off but stiil
    keeps ringing.
    Anyway of just turning the whole system off?Don't want to keep the
    neighbours awake another night.
    Thanks.....
    My first call this morning was to take out an Aritech CS-350n panel. It was displaying the very same problems as you already posted. Everything seemed fine, fuses all ok, permenent 220v supply, good back up battery, but last Saturday, the system just crashed and the external sounder kicked in running on it's own power so the battery had to be pulled.

On closer examination I found that a transistor had been burned off the board. It is located on the top L.H.S of the control panel. It's a small 3 legged device with a square top. If you are going to inspect this, please disconnect the MAINS 220v supply FIRST!!

Anyway, if this is your problem, you will definitely need to call an engineer from a registered company.

Good luck. PS...... No harm to upgrade your panel anyway. It's an old panel and not up to EN 50131 standards.

Thats the voltage regulator.
    If the fault was present for a few days then chances are the battery gone.
    What capacity was left in the battery

Got a new battery for it.Set it this morning,so hopefully
    it's ok when I get home later.

Advertisement