Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting phase 4 placement change?

Options
  • 29-07-2010 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I got a letter from FAS this week saying my placement for phase 4 electrical will commence in September, happy days, but hold on a minute..... It's in Sligo! I mean come on, surely they could have gotten somewhere in Dublin. I even put in a request for Dublin last month!

Is it possible to request changing the placement? And if not does anyone know of someone closer to Sligo that has been sent to Dublin for the the same course that might want to try and organise a transfer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

FAS might agree to move you to Dublin but you will most likely have to wait till the "next batch" which would be Jan-March 2011, is it worth the wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

I guess not. I just don't understand their system... I could almost gaurantee theirs a lad in Sligo after getting a letter, opening it up and going "Dublin?? wtf??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Wonderwall

I got called for phase 4 too; i am not going to be going in though as i have chosen to wait until the next batch because i have guaranteed work with my boss up until Christmas. I got DIT Kevin St, ask them if you can have the place i would've had?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

That would be great! I might ask you to PM your mobile so I could contact you if that's ok?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It can usually work f you have a like for like replacement, however someone in the center may have put aside the next available place from someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kildare1234

my boyfriend has gotten his phase 4 placement in Cork and is looking to go to Dublin/Waterford.... could anyone help??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

If he's already gotten his placement letter he'll be lucky to get it moved without deferring, the best thing to do is ring up Fas or Solas or whatever they are now when you know your coming up to your phase and make a case for why you need to be sent where you want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Fas are useless.Am in sligo at the moment,while i live in walking distance from kevin St.

****in shams

Advertisement